Chapter one

HAE RA'S POV

"We could figure out a way eomma. You don't have to go. Don't leave me. Jhaebal." I gave eomma a backhug while she packed all her things in the big suitcase. She turned around and cupped my face.

"Hae Ra.." Barely a whisper.

"Eomma!" I gave her a tight hug. She rubbed my back soothingly.

"You know your appa needs my help. He cannot overcome that huge business problem alone. He needs me." She tried to reason out.

"What about me?" I sniffled a little because of crying. "You are strong enough." She gave me her brightest smile.

If only you knew eomma. Your girl isn't strong anymore.

"Where will I stay?" I questioned.

"With a friend of mine. She came to know about our problem and offered to take you in." It wasn't convincing enough. She must have noticed my expression as she continued.

"She is a bit lonely. Her husband lives overseas just like your appa and her son doesn't talk to her often. She needs a nice and warm company." She again went back to her packing.

"Hae Ra. You should pack too. We would leave together. I have to lock the house properly." I nodded.

I was having this strange feeling since that morning. What if she isn't nice? What if she makes me do all work like a slave?

"Hae Ra just go! Don't overthink. She is a nice lady who would love to have someone to talk to." Eomma pushed me out of the room as I was still immersed in my thoughts.

The very next morning we made our way to her friend's house. Eomma wanted to drop me off first.

The whole car ride I was worried, thinking if eomma's friend would like me or not. The last time I felt like this was when I first came to Seoul months back and introduced myself in front of the whole class.

Flashback

"You could come in." The teacher looked in my direction. I confidently entered the class and smiled at my classmates. "Introduce yourself."

"Neh. Annyeonghaseyo. Jonuen Lee Hae Ra imnida. Please take care of me." I bowed and showed them my toothy smile.

I am not pretty or attractive. Heck I am not even skinny, just a little chubby which makes me cute. But these things never  bothered me. Ever. The only charm I had was my confidence and my undying strength to prove my worth. And it was enough to swoon people. My confidence made me look smart and somewhat pretty.

"You can take a seat." The teacher motioned at the empty seats in the corner. I sat on the seat which was closest to the window. These seats are really comfortable. I wonder why the others didn't take this seat.

After taking out my things I looked at the classroom. They were all staring at me with wide eyes. Some were shocked while some were...pitying me? I brushed off those thoughts and focused on the class.

A loud bang caught everyone's attention. I looked at the door. Two guys entered the class with ease as if they owned the school. Bad boys I guess. One was tall and muscular while the other was quite skinny for a guy.

"You guys are late. Again." It wasn't difficult to make out that even the teacher had given up on them. They passed by him like nothing and came towards me.

"That's my seat." The taller one pointed at my seat. I was about to stand up when he shouted. "How dare you sit on my seat?!" I flinched a little but regained my composure. It's just a seat for goodness' sake. Well, I am not a pushover and won't go easy on him just because its my first day. He shouldn't have shouted like that.

"Dude chill. It's just a seat. No need to make a fuss over a piece of wood." I said calmly and took another seat. Ne style.

"Did that newbie just talked back to Yugyeom?" The class erupted into murmurs.

"Gyeomie just leave her. She doesn't know. But we should definitely tell hyungs about her." The skinny one held Yugyeom I suppose, by his shoulder as he clenched his fists.

I don't why but I do feel a little uneasy about this whole thing. The way the skinny one smirked after checking me out. The way everyone looked at me as if I had committed a henious crime.

Is this school sane or am I imagining things?

Flashback over

"We're here." Eomma interrupted my thoughts. I looked at the mansion. It wasn't huge but big enough for three people. The lady opened the door and welcomed us.

"Aigoo~ you have grown up a lot Hae Ra." The lady or I should say Mrs. Park gently cupped my face. I just gave an awkward smile. "You don't remember me at all. Do you?" I slowly shook my head.

"Gwenchana. You were really young." She let go of me and offered us snacks. Expensive snacks. She sure is rich plus she seems nice. I don't think I would have any problem here.

Eomma and I hugged each other again before she left.

"Mrs. Park? Where is my room?" I was a bit hesitant to initiate a conversation. "Oh that. We'll do that later. Want to eat something? And call me eomouni." I just smiled and followed her to the kitchen.

She started cooking effortlessly. I noticed how everything was placed neatly. Conversation was initiated by her. She would bring up some interesting topics and gossips. It was quite a fun time. Eomma was right. She seems a bit lonely.

"My son goes to the same school as yours. He is your sunbae." She said.

"I don't know much about students from my school. Just a couple of them." I sheepishly said. I really don't like to talk about that hell. It makes me want to commit suicide.

"He's quite popu-"

Ding dong

"It must be him." She was about to wipe her hands when I stopped her.
"I'll get that." I happily jumped to the door.

"Annyeonghaseyo." I bowed without looking at the figure in front of me.

"You?" My breath hitched at the sound of that voice.

I could never ever forget that voice till my last breath. Fear crept up my heart. Cold sweat formed on my forehead. It was evident that I was scared to death. My body becomes lifeless and my pupils starts to shake just by his mere presence.

With every ounce of courage and energy I looked at him and met his dark eyes.

"Jinyoung sunbae."

__________________________
A/N: Hope you liked it. I told you guys that I might update a chapter depending upon my mood so here it goes. :))

Spam me with votes and comments. Let me know you are enjoying this.
And Jinyoung will be a bad guy ;))