Chapter twenty three

We're a little more than halfwaaay through the story.. all the things and feelings will be sorted from Meera's dark past to JinRa's future :D

_______________

"Hey boyfriend."

Meera cooed and hugged Jaebum from the back. And as expected other students waited for Jaebum to react. Hoping for another tight slap or leashing out his anger on her. But that didn't happen.

"Good morning." He turned around and gave her a warm hug. And his group didn't like it at all. Especially Bambam and Yugyeom. Because that girl was changing their tough leader. Jaebum was becoming soft. And because of her, he didn't even to go clubs with them.

"Whom were you with yesterday?" Jaebum asked. Meera simply tip toed and gave him a soft peck on his cheeks. Simply trying to avoid that question.

"Meet you in lunch!" Then she ran away from there. That got Jaebum more restless. First she avoided his question and second that she barely attends her first class. Something seems fishy.

But he began smiling when he saw Meera turning around to give him a finger heart and bumping into her teacher.

"Cute." He said.

Just like everyone Hae Ra witnessed the whole scene. Somewhere in her heart she envied Meera. With time Jaebum grew a soft spot for her and now students will probably treat her way better.

But for her things will be worse because now no one is there to protect or defend her or to comfort her. And the most important thing, to make her smile.

"You will pay for that bitch now!" Jihyo angrily said and hardly bumped her shoulder against Hae Ra's making her stumble back.

Jihyo has a thing for Jaebum. She has been trying for over an year to seduce him. But all in vain. Some random girl stole him from her. And Hae Ra was the perfect person to revenge on. But that doesn't mean she will not harm Meera.

.
.
.

"Please study for the test." Their teacher left after making the annoucement. The moment she stepped out, someone threw an egg at Hae Ra. She flinched and looked around to see the person who did it. But in the next moment, another egg was thrown at her. Her legs froze as she remained seated. The humiliatuon shook her heart. And it continued till she was covered in eggs and her tears.

"Yah!"

Everyone looked at the door to see Meera with a few assignments in her hand. She threw the assignments on teacher's desk and ran to Hae Ra. With her bare hands she tried to clean her.

"Sunbae? Who did this?" She asked. Until now she had no idea of why people tease her favourite sunbae.

Hae Ra didn't answer. She wanted to stand up for herself and not being dependent on Meera to save her. So she stood up and ran to the washroom to clean herself.

Just before she could enter the washroom someone pulled her arm and she turned around.

Jinyoung sunbae.

"Who did this?" He gritted through his teeth.

Hae Ra harshly yanked her arm away from his. Her face screamed hate. Her eyes brimmed with tears. Tears of pure hate and nothing less.

Jinyoung didn't say anything when she went inside. He was nervous and scared for the first time. His eyes softened when he saw her in such a state. But Hae Ra didn't notice that. And how could she? Hate was the only thing she saw in Jinyoung's eyes. And she was reciprocating that hate with the same intensity.

.
.
.

"Boyfriend!"

Meera wrapped her arms around Jaebum's shoulders from the back as he was seated in the cafeteria.

"Did you eat yet?" He asked her. She shook her head and sat beside him. Little did they knew that Jihyo was witnessing the scene with jealousy as she crumpled the juice can in her hand.

"Why? Aren't you hungry?" He pushed back a few strands of her hair behind her ear. Bambam and Yugyeom couldn't hold it in. So they left the group to smoke. Except for Jaebum everyone noticed how they actually left. Glaring at Jaebum.

"I am hungry but someone called me fat this morning so I'm planning to diet." She said half heartedly and sadly eyed the food in front of her.

"Who called you fat?" He asked worried.

Meera simply pointed at Youngjae who was busy eating the sandwhich as he coughed that bite out when he was accused of something stupid.

"Hyung! I didn't say anything to her." He tried to prove his innocence. But Jaebum suddenly remembered something and averted his gaze back to Meera.

"Whom were you with yesterday?" Meera innocently blinked and pouted. "Who?" She asked. But Jaebum knew it was an act.

"Tell me." He softly said. Trying to gain her trust. He was still worried about the night when she lost herself.

"Umm.. he is from Japan. So our fathers planned a small get together and we went to the arcades." She finally told him the truth.

"His name?"

"Takada Kenta." (Produce 101 people!)

"Okay. Just don't hide anything from me now." Meera nodded, happy that Jaebum didn't get angry that she spent some time with other guy. Cute guy I might add.

.
.
.

Jinyoung looked around the classes to look for Hae Ra. He even checked the rooftop, gym, janitor's closet, store rooms etc but still couldn't find her. He suddenly halted his steps when a place clicked his mind.

"Infirmary." He said to himself and ran towards the said room.

He didn't know why he was looking for her. He just wanted to make sure she was alright. But why? He thought maybe he was doing this for his mother. And no other emotion attatched.

But the reason was that he was starting to care about her. Slowly and gradually that hate which he had in his heart was fading away.

Before she came, he never treated anyone that badly. He just hit a few guys in school, nothing more than that. But when Hae Ra came, she indirectly questioned his ego and position. And then all the things happened. But with time, he didn't bully her that much. He would tease her a bit and the other students will mock her. Jinyoung did all that so that others won't stand up against him. He knew Mark was there to help her so he continued with his minimal bullying.

But his hatred grew again when she began living with him. Under the same roof. Jinyoung was frustrated, not because he hated her that much, but because seeing her so much reminded him how much of a jerk he has been to a girl.

The point is, he didn't realise any of things. Not one. For him, he is doing everything for his mother and he hates Hae Ra.

His running feet brought him to the infirmary. He greeted the nurse and asked for Hae Ra. She pointed to a room.

Jinyoung went inside and saw her sleeping peacefully. He covered her with the blanket and just stared at her face.

He sat on the next bed facing her and observing her. He tilted his head and looked at each and every feature on her face. He noticed her pale face with colorless lips.

Guilt ran through his heart. He immediately stood up and dashed out of the infirmary.

What will happen now?

______________________
A/N: wooho… :) i finished my nct ffs. That means now this ff is my priority… :))

Do vote and comment:))