Chapter sixteen

HAE RA'S POV

Mark sunbae: Meet me at the park. :) I have a surprise for you.

After reading the text, I quickly changed into a nice casual outfit. I wore ripped jeans and a white tee. Mark sunbae always wear ripped jeans. Maybe this will give him a small indication that I like him too.

What if he asks me out today? As in an official date? Will he ask me to be his girlfriend?

"I hope you have a NICE day."

Why does he have to ruin my mood and my sweet bubble of thoughts with his sarcastic comment?

I turned around to see sunbae. He was standing next to the kitchen counter with a half eaten apple in his hand. I didn't give him much attention and left the place; not before seeing his signature smirk.

"Woah~ I'm getting confident day by day." I pat my back with a huge smile on my face, appreciating my efforts.

I wonder why he didn't stop me or do anything? I literally ignored his comment and all he did was smirk. Is he okay?

"Sunbae!"

I reached the park and waved at sunbae. Just as I predicted he was wearing ripped jeans too. "We're twinning." He said motioning at our jeans. I blushed a little and looked away.

"Woof woof!"

My eyes darted towards a small white pup at my feet. I got on my knees and picked it up. Just then I noticed the leash in sunbae's hand conneted to the pup's collar.

"Took you a while to notice." Mark sunbae said and smiled at me.

"Is this the surprise?" I won't lie if I say that I was disappointed. Maybe I was expecting too much.

"No. There is one more surprise."

I tried to control my feels. A little bit of hope won't hurt anyone. I looked away to make my feels less obvious.

"When did you buy her?" I asked changing the topic and while ruffling the pup's hair. She was so fluffy.
"Yesterday."

"Did you think of a name?" He shook his head and put his hands inside his jean pockets.

"How about coco?" I suggested. Eomma had a dog named coco before she got married. I never saw that dog in real life but pictures.

"Its a nice name." He took coco from ny hands and ruffled his fur.

We walked coco around the park talking about random topics. After a minute or so we reached a cafe. He opened the door for me unlike someone.

There was this time when both Jinyoung sunbae and I reached home at the same time. I was about to twist the doorknob when he pushed me aside and entered the place only to lock it from the inside. It was raining heavily at that time. I begged him to let me in but he didn't. My whole body was shivering because of cold and I ended up falling sick. I probably fainted outside and eomouni brought me in later that evening.

She did scold sunbae but he totally ignored her.

"Americano." I said my order to the waiter. "Me too." Sunbae said. He ordered the same drink as me.

He is being so obvious.

"Where is my surprise?" I asked him not being able to keep in. He checked his phone. "Couple of minutes more." I nodded and looked back at coco who was resting at sunbae's feet.

"Boo!"

Both sunbae and I flinched at the sudden noise. A girl came and suddenly hugged sunbae's shoulders from the back and did a horrific 'boo' to scare us.

I suspiciously looked at her but..

..Sunbae held her hand and brought her is front of us. He then stood up and brought her closer to him with his hands on her waist. They both had a bright smile as they looked at each other.

"Meet my girlfriend Jungyeon."

My heart clenched while witnessing the scene in front of me. The smile I had on my lips disappeared. I tightly clenched my fists under the table to control my tears which were ready to stain my cheeks any moment.

"Bangawayo Hae Ra-ssi." The girl bowed lightly and smiled.

I tried to smile. I tried to hold back my tears. I tried to swallow the big lump in my throat. And I did.

I managed to stand up with my weak knees and bowed to her.

"B-bangawayo." She sat on the chair next to me.

She is so beautiful. Her skinny frame and short hair makes her perfect for Mark sunbae. Her blond locks were eye catching. I hate to say this but they look good with each other.

"Mark told me a lot about you." But he never told me about you.

"You must be so shocked right now." Mark sunbae said. I didn't want to choke on my words so I just nodded.

"Actually she was living overseas. By the time we got close enough for me to tell you about her, she told me that she was coming back."

"And then I thought why not surpise you." Jungyeon completed Mark sunbae's explaination.

I am more heartbroken than shocked.

"Woof~" Coco barked softly.

"You finally bought her?!" Jungyeon exclaimed and held coco in her arms. "She is so cute."

"Her name is coco. Hae Ra named her."

"Thats a nice name. Coco~"

"Woof!" She began playing with the pup as sunbae admirably looked at her.

I took a few deep breaths and stood up. I can't stay. I am too weak and tired to endure this.

"Sunbae mianhae. I have to help my aunt with something." I bowed at the couple.

"Hae Ra-ssi. Lets meet again." Jungyeon came to me and smiled. She is such a nice girl like Mark sunbae. I again nodded before leaving the couple.

I ran back to the house as my tears fell uncontrollably. Without caring to wipe them I went to my room. Sliding against the door I hugged my knees and cried. My hand went to my heart as I clutched my shirt, feeling the pain of having a broken heart. My loud cries filled the room as I let my tears flow with no care. 

In the end its just me and my tears.

JINYOUNG'S POV

I was standing in front of her door since the moment she arrived, hearing her cries. I slowly and hesitatingly raised my hand to knock on her door. But before I could do it I pulled away. Resting my head against the door I waited. I turned around to rest my back against the door and slid down still hearing her loud cries.

This is what I wanted. To make her miserable.

But why do I want to comfort her? Why am I starting to care about her?

_____________________
A/N: The updates will be a little slow here as I am trying to finish my NCT fanfictions asap.

Do comment and vote for early updates tho..;)) :))