Chapter thirty five

The previous updates weren't that good. So another update to make up for it. Mianhaeyo.

Just a couple of more chapters to make the couple fall in love with each other.
__________________

A Week Later

"Its good to be back."

Hae Ra took a deep breath and went inside the cab after the driver put her luggage in the cab. She was humming to her favourite song all the way. Suddenly she chuckled a bit, remembering the time when she was first going to Park's place. Everything was still the same. But this time, she was her confident self.

Before she could knock on the door, it burst open. "Hae Ra!"

Mrs Park couldn't control her excitement. She hugged her tightly. And Hae Ra returned the gesture. She was happy too.

"The moment I heard the car's engine, I knew it was you!" Hae Ra laughed at her statement and then they both went inside. It was already dinner time so Mrs Park could a whole feast for her.

"I'll wash up first." Hae Ra stepped up the stairs to her previous room. And it looked different. The bed, curtains, study desk, everything. She smiled at the new sight in front before washing up. After doing the needful, she passed by Jinyoung's door. On not hearing anything inside, she assumed that he was out.

"Eomouni. You didn't have to prepare so much." The girl sat on seat and began arranging the plates.

"Eomma. I'm home."

Hae Ra's heart thumped loudly when she heard the familar voice. She immediately stood up and went to the living area to look at the person.

Park Jinyoung kept his bag on the couch and loosened his tie before going wide eyed upon noticing the girl in front of him. He went a little stiff and stared at her. Hae Ra didn't look away. She stared back at him with a bright smile.

"*coughs* Dinner's ready. Ppali." Mrs Park attracted their attention and then went back to the dining area.

'I..umm.. I'll wash up then." Jinyoung said and awkwardly walked to his room. Hae Ra simply nodded and smiled at his nervousness.

"Does this taste good?" Mrs Park asked to ease the two who sat opposite to her. They both nodded and 'hmmd' before eating again.

"I can't take it anymore." The eldest pushed her plate back and looked at the duo.

"Hae Ra. I know its not easy to forgive him but-"

"She forgave me." Jinyoung interrupted his mother and glanced at the girl next to him.

"Oh." She exclaimed and blinked her eyes to get the situation into her head. But then she curiously looked at them and thought of something.

"Then do one thing." The other two patiently waited for her to say something.

"Start all over again. You guys are pretty much acting like strangers so it is better you start fresh."

Hae Ra and Jinyoung turned to look at one another. They both opened their mouths to say something but stopped when they saw the other person trying to initiate a conversation.

"You two leave it." Mrs Park got frustrated when they couldn't say a word in each other's presence for over five minutes.

The dinner went smoothly and then Jinyoung helped his mother to clean the kitchen. Hae Ra was in her room unpacking rest of the stuff.

A soft knock interrupted her. She opened the door and saw Jinyoung with a tub of 'cookies and cream' icecream.

"Annyeong. I am Park Jinyoung and I live next door. Are you free tonight?"
.
.
.

"You did what?!"

Jinyoung exclaimed when Hae Ra told him about something she did back in the States. "I know its unbebubble." She palmed her mouth to control her laughter.

They were talking for more than three hours now. It went smooth. No hard feelings at all. It took a lot of courage on his part to talk to her first. His palms were sweating and his heart shook. But now it was alright as laughters and light chuckles echoed in the room.

Jinyoung was happy to see Hae Ra. Her aura was filled with confidence and maturity as she talked about her life and work. He was smiling all the time, looking at her. A sudden nervousness captured his heart when he saw the cool breeze playing with Hae Ra's hair.

And Hae Ra was blushing. A different sort of emotion ran through heart making it beat louder and faster than before. It was fun for her to see Jinyoung's new side. He was all calmed and composed. He was careful with his words and his personality screamed that he was relaible, trustworthy and responsible.

She already forgave him in the letter she wrote for him. She wanted to start a new life with no hate for any person. Living in a different culture, experiencing countless of emotions and feelings made her grow as a person. She matured and understood things she couldn't understand before. It wasn't easy for her to forgive him, but in the end she did.

And with that her hate for Jinyoung disappeared. Although he did unforgivable things to her, she realised that he wasn't his real self. His real self was when he actually showed care for her.

"When I was in college.."

...and the talks went on.
.
.
.

"Ready?" Jinyoung asked Hae Ra. She wanted to visit Meera. To ease her, he held her hand. She didn't pull away and let him. They went inside and saw Jaebum next to Meera's bed. As always.

"Annyeonghaseyo." Hae Ra bowed to Jaebum. He stood up to look at the girl clearly. He couldn't recognise her at first but then he noticed her voice.

"Hae Ra?"

"I just curled and streaked my hair and you couldn't recognise me sunbae." Hae Ra smiled and sat in his previous position. Jaebum leaned a bit towards her ear to whisper something.

"Don't cry in front of her. She doesn't like it."

And it somehow touched Hae Ra's heart. She was happy to know that even after everything Jaebum was still with her friend, caring and loving her so much.

"Annyeong Meera. I brought gifts for you so wake up soon." She said and looked at the pale face girl. She looked weaker than before.

"I read your letter to her every week. It feels as if she smiles whenever I read about the raw egg part. I can't believe that she fooled the whole school." Jaebum suddenly felt a bit stupid. He cannot believe that he was that stupid to ask people to throw eggs at them.

"So hows life?" Jaebum asked her when they all settled near the couch in the room as the nurse checked Meera's condition.

"Its good. What about you? Why did you grow you hair?" Hae Ra pointed at his hair that covered his forehead and barely covered his eyes.

"He is too busy to cut his hair." Jinyoung commented and again replaced his flowers with Jaebum's.

"Oh yes. Mr CEO."

And again laughter echoed in the room.

_______________________
A/N: hope you liked it… :))