Chapter twenty nine

"What is this?"

The next morning Hae Ra prepared for school. When she stepped outside her room, she found a small bag on the floor which was kept there by Jinyoung. Out of curiosity she picked it up.

"Seolma." She exclaimed and flipped through the pages. It was her book. That novel which she lost before.

Who could have kept it here? She knew the answer to the question but still thought about it. She didn't want  to think that Jinyoung kept it here. He would never do that.

"Good morning." Mrs Park greeted her and prepared her breakfast. Hae Ra was attending school after the long rest and she wanted to make a heavy breakfast for her.

"Gumawayo." She happily ate the food while eyeing the stairs. She didn't want Jinyoung to come and spoil her mood. She finally had enough of him. And now she won't back down.

"Annyeong." She bid her bye and left the place. She took a deep breath and smiled. Freedom. This is what she felt. Now she doesn't have to be scared of anyone.

But the next minute Jinyoung stepped out of the house and held her hand. "I'll drive us to school."

"No need for that." Hae Ra rudely spat and yanked his arm away. "Okay." Instead of going to his car he walked beside her with his hands inside his pockets. Hae Ra ignored his presence and took the bus to school.

After talking to his mother in the hospital Jinyoung wanted to change himself. He knew he did a lot of unforgivable things to Hae Ra. And now he wanted to mend his ways and treat her well. With respect. And love? .
.
.

"Sunbaee!" Meera squealed and hugged Hae Ra. Its been a few days and she missed her favourite sunbae so much. Hae Ra hugged her back.

"Are you okay now? Does it hurt somewhere? Do you still take your medicines?"

"Meera relax. Atleast breathe a little." Jaebum protectively held Meera's form from the back and rested his head on top of hers. Hae Ra smiled seeing the scene in front. She could see how much Jaebum loves Meera.

"I am alright now. Don't worry."

"Just tell me if you need something. Okay?"

Hae Ra widened her eyes on hearing that. She can't believe that those words came out of Jaebum's mouth. She was busy processing the words of Jaebum while the couple left her with her thoughts.

"Look who do we have here." Jihyo came. Dahyun bumped her shoulder with Hae Ra making her books fall on the ground. But the girl just sighed and picked up her books. Without sparing them a glance she left for her first class.

"What the fuck just happened?"
.
.
.

"Yah!" Chaeyeong snapped at Hae Ra. It was lunch time and she was having her meal. HER MEAL. Chaeyeong was angry because she wasn't supposed to eat in school. Jinyoung's orders. But here she was having a full meal in front of all the students.

Hae Ra ignored her and took a spoonful of rice. This angered Chaeyeong. She flipped her tray making the food splash over her victim.

"What is your problem Chaeyeong?" Hae Ra calmly asked. No sign of irriation, frustration or ...fear.

"Sunbaeee~" Meera ran to Hae Ra and hugged her from the side. Chaeyeong scoffed before pushing Meera.

"YAH!"

The whole place fell into deep silence when Jaebum entered the scene. He immediately helped Meera to stand up and checked her now bleeding elbow. He glared at Chaeyeong. The girl bit her lip in fear and ran to Jihyo for help.

Jaebum protectively hugged Meera and held her head from the back while eyeing Jihyo as she walked to them.

"Jaebum. Aren't you being too careful with her?" Jihyo mockingly raised her eye brow at the said boy. Meera raised her head to look at Jaebum's concerned face.

"Gwenchana sunbae." She smiled at him.

"I thought you liked me!" Jihyo snapped at Jaebum. Other students erupted into numerous murmers. Queenka with their kingka is something that the whole school wanted.

"You even slept with me!" She again snapped causing Meera to stare at her.

"That was a long time back Jihyo." Jinyoung came defended his brother. It was only him who knew about it. They were drunk and slept together last year at a party. It was Jaebum's first time. And he didn't even remember the details.

But the thing which scared Jaebum was Meera's thoughts.

"Sunbae." She took his attention and again showed him a toothy smile. Jaebum flashed a soft smile at her.

"Lets go to the infimary." He held her hand and walked her to the said place. It was small scratch with a drop of blood. Jaebum didn't want to take any chances and wanted to treat her wounds immediately.

Meera stopped on her tracks and faced Jaebum. The thing she said after was enough to melt his cold personality.

"Sunbae. You don't have to worry about Jihyo sunbae's words. I still like you."
.
.
.

While in the cafeteria everyone looked at Hae Ra and Jinyoung. Students were expecting a huge drama with a mind blowing climax.

But nothing happened. Jinyoung just walked away from there and Hae Ra took another tray of food. Queenkas became speechless and went back to their works. Except Nayeon. She noticed and observed everything. A small smile crept up her lips.

"Hopeless romantic."
.
.
.

"Yugyeom! Bambam!"

Jihyo met the two after school. Things were going out of hand.

"You guys are so fucking useless! Can't  you get rid off that shorty?!"

They both were relaxed and laid back. Everything was sorted in their minds and all they had to do one was call. Yugyeom calmed the girl while Bambam called someone.

"Hyung. We should do it now."

____________________
A/N: an update because i am in the hotel rn doing nothing but clicking endless pictures...

____________________A/N: an update because i am in the hotel rn doing nothing but clicking endless pictures