Chapter thirty eight

Only epilogue(twisted) is left. Please give this book loads of love.
Do comment and vote. I miss those comments. :)
__________________

Five years later

(A total of twelve years have passed since Meera got into coma, Jaebum is 30 now.)

It all went well for Hae Ra and Jinyoung. Two years after when Jinyoung confessed his feelings they both got married. It was a simple wedding. Velvet Bliss people also attended the event. Hae Ra was happy and stunned to see Wendy pregnant with Jongdae's child. She was in contact with Joy but for the surprise purpose she didn't tell her about it.

Even Jinyoung's father came with his girlfriend. At first he wanted to push him away but now seeing him in a different light changed his mind. His mother was not bothered by it now. Maybe it was for the best. He thought. Its better than seeing his parents fight over irrelevant things. Mr Park became teary eyed on seeing how mature and responsible his son has become. He couldn't become a good father but now he wanted to be the 'best grandfather'. This made Hae Ra blush like crazy while Jinyoung smirked at her.

His wish came true. Hae Ra and Jinyoung were parents to an year old healthy baby girl.

And even Mark and Jungyeon had a four year old son who was mischevious. Very. He was a troublemaker giving people headaches.

Meera was still in coma. But Jaebum never left her side. He will be with her for as long as he can be. Her parents asked him to marry someone else and not wait for her. They had lost hope that she'll ever wake up. Even his parents tried to set him up on blind dates. But he kept those women waiting for him. He'll sit beside Meera and cry.

Jaebum was currently in JeJu Do, attending a meeting regarding the upcoming projects.

"Deupo-nim!!"

His secretary, Cha Eunwoo came running inside the meeting room with wide eyes and without knocking. People were shocked at his misbehaviour. Someone was about to scold him but Jaebum knew why he did that. He was allowed to do that on one condition. If someone called from the hospital.

So he stood up and apologised to the investors before following Eunwoo out.

"What happened?!" Jaebum asked while wearing his black blazer.

"She woke up."
.
.
.

After seven hours Jaebum finally entered the hospital. It was around two in the morning. He was running towards her room. Meera's nurse caught him running.

"She is sleeping right now. Many people visited her today so she is tired." She explained. But Jaebum was too happy to wait. He went inside her room and saw her sleeping figure. He lightly stepped towards her bed and sat on the stool before holding her hand.

"Saranghae."

In the morning Meera woke up first. Seeing someone next to her made her flinch in surprise. But seconds later she realised who he was. He was sleeping in a sitting position with his head on her bed. Overwhelming with emotions she extended her now trembling hand to caress his head.

With the sudden contact Jaebum woke up. In an instant he sat straight and looked at the woman in front. His tearful met hers. With a wide smile and teary eyes, he pulled her in for a hug.

But she didn't hug him back.

Jaebum sensed it. He pulled away and lovingly cupped her cheeks. Its been so long since he touched her like this.

"Are you hurt? Do you need some-"

"Get out."

Those two words broke his heart into million pieces. He thought that he didn't hear properly and put on a smile on his face before leaning to hug her again. But Meera looked away refusing his hug.

"Please leave." She said. Her voice wavered but she masked it with a cold front. Jaebum's eyes welled with tears. He couldn't do anything but leave her room. He sat outside her room and rubbed his face in frustration.

Mr Suri came to meet his daughter and asked him to come inside but he politely declined. He got suspicious of his behavior and so he asked Meera. But she quickly changed the topic. He realised that she doesn't want to talk about it. She just woke up and he didn't want to pressure her for answers.

Just like that the night came and Jaebum didn't leave. After the nurse left her room for the day he went inside. Meera was just blankly staring at the wall opposite to her.

"Meera?" She turned her head to see Jaebum standing near the door. Her heartbeat sped up. She opened her mouth to say something but Jaebum hugged her.

"I'm not that Meera whom you loved. I'm not that innocent and stupid girl anymore. Leave before you ruin your life." He pulled away to stare at her features. To see if she was serious.

"You like butterscotch ice cream?" He asked out of nowhere making her confused. "Wh-"

"Just answer me."

"Hmm." She looked at the mattress avoiding his eyes.

"You're scared of speed."

"You prefer open windows."

"You cannot live without tteokbeokki. Isn't it?" He chuckled a little remembering their dates where she only ate tteokbeokki.

"Yes." She said firmly, still not understanding his point.

"Then you're that Meera who made me crazy for her."

"Please Meera. Don't p-push me away." He begged as he rested his head on top of hers to hide his tears. He was weak. And so was she.

"Don't make this difficult for me." He heard Meera and then felt his shirt getting wet. He pulled away and saw her crying face.

He gently pushed all her hair back to look at her face. She didn't look up and continued to sob badly.

"Meera." He again begged her to tell him what happened.

"Don't waste your time on me Jaebum. Find s-someone else. Please. I can't t-take it anymore." Her voice kept cracking while she cried.

"No. I just want you." He said softly to calm her down. He was a little relieved knowing that he didn't do anything wrong. She was feeling insecured. Now he just had to make her trust him.

"You don't understand. I can't give you anything! I have nothing left! Nothing!" She yelled taking him by surprise. He realised that she was talking about her virginity and her dreadful past.

"Shh.." he tried to stop from her crying. She was still weak and crying like this could be bad for her health.

"I can't be a mother Jaebum. I can't conceive."

She finally let it all out as she cried against his chest. It was a burdening her. She can't give him her purity. She can't give him the happiness of being a father.

Instead of leaving her like she expected, he squeezed her shoulder by pulling her more into his embrace.

"I'm not gonaa repeat it again. It doesn't matter to me. I still love you."

______________________
A/N: epilogue is left!