Chapter 3

FASTFORWARD 9 YEARS

ANGIES POV

It was a Friday and thank God for it.I was really upset this week because this week was my Best Friends Ronnie's 13 birthday.I haven't seen Ronnie in 9 years.But I thought of him every day.I wear the locket he gave me every day and the ring he also gave me finally fits so I wear that also.

Today we had school off because of a teacher in service thingy.Hi I am Angie I am almost 13!!!Ronnie's birthday is April 14 and mine is April 21.

I have red hair and blue eyes and freckels.Im technically a Ginger but I dye my hair red.I am pretty fit.I run each day at the tennis courts across from my house.Today was a chilly day and I decided to go on a walk with my dog Annie.

I put on some black skinny jeans and a purple T-shirt that said 'suicide silence' on it.I slipped on my converse and grabbed my ipod and phone and headed out.

I live across the street from the park so I go there alot.I don't bother to put a leash on Annie because she is shy and sticks to me like glue.I was walking by the creek letting Annie splash around when I saw a group of teenagers.They were all smokeing.Weed by the smell of it.They were only like 13 why would they be smoking?

I heard one say "Ronnie your 13th birthday is coming up going to have a party?"

My heart dropped.I knew it wasn't my Ronnie which made me sad.

"Yeah I guess it is."Ronnie said

"Why so bummed?"His friend said

The Ronnie kid grabbed a necklace around his neck and just held it.He took it off and showed his friend.

"I will miss you?Why is that on the necklace?"The kid asked

Ronnie took another puff of the weed and just looked down.

I ran over and screamed his name!

"Angel is that you?!?!?!?!?!?"Ronnie asked

"Yes it's me Ronnie...."I said crying my eyes out.

"Shhhhh..It's okay I'm here.Angel it's okay."He said

I pulled back and looked into his eyes.He had changed.His hair was pitch black and his green eyes were blue but his freckles were still there.

"You have changed"I said

"Well you have too.Miss Wanna be ginger!"Ronnie said

"Well you dyed your hair black so ha!"I said

"Oh Angel always had to win."Ronnie said

"Ehem?"I heard some one clear their throat

"Oh Chase this is my Best Friend Angel."Ronnie said

"Ronnie you still have the necklace I gave you?"I said surprised

II have worn it every day."he said

I took out my necklace that was tucked under my shirt revealing the locket he had gave me.And then I held out my hand showing the ring he gave me.

"You are wearing the locket and ring?"Ronnie asked completely surprised

"Everyday......Ronnie I missed you.You were my best friend."

"Ronnie your friend is H O T.HOT."Chase said

"Back off Chase!!!I haven't seen my best friend for 9 years and you hit on her!!!"Ronnie sneered

"Okay I get it you have dibs."Chase said holding his arms up in a retreating way.

"Mhmmmm.Well not Trying to steal Ronnie but can me and Ronnie just....hang for a while?"I asked

"Be my guess Angel."Chase purred

"Ummmmm sorry only Ronnie calls me angel.

"Whatever you say."Chase said

"Your friends an ass."I said

"Wow Angel you have a mouth."Ronnie said

"Speaking of mouths get that weed out of yours."I said

"Nope.Weed is my relief."Ronnie said.

"Not anymore!"I said and grabbed the weed and threw it in the creek.

"Angel you little devil!'Ronnie said

"So I go from Angel tot devil?Wow I get around."I said

"Let's just go I'm getting cold."Ronnie said

I took Annie home with Ronnie and showed Ronnie the house.We had moved scince pre school so Ronnie hadn't seen the house yet.

Ronnie wanted to see my parents but he reeked of weed so I said not until he no longer smells like weed.

Ronnie thought it was cool that I had a vine thing outside my window that I could climb up and down my house into my window and onto my roof.

Ronnie and I gave each other our numbers and talked for a while.When I heard my  parents pulled up I panicked but Ronnie just climbed out my window down the side of my house jumped the fence and into the park.

"I misssed you Ronnie"I whispered to myself