Chap.2

Zy'keiyah POV

"How may I help you?"  I asked politely

"Uhh is Tarah here ?" he asked, my brows furrowed in confusion. What could he possibly want from my mom at this time of day?

"No, but what's the problem?" I asked, as my tone began to shiver - too scared to even ask.

"She owes me money" he replied dryly.

"Um, okay" I mumbled.

"Can you stay outside?" I asked while turning to look over my shoulder, he nodded in response.

Once I got in the apartment, I almost fainted for two reasons. First this nigga was the most intimidating person i've ever came before, but he was more than averagely attractive. Caramel skin,had curly hair, medium sized lips and gray eyes that added to his "thug" appeal and fuckboy look honestly. He damn near towered over me, which meant I had to crane my neck. But the sad part is, I didnt have enough money and my mama is of course nowhere to be found. I always have to cover for her.

I slowly walked upstairs and got the rest of our bill money, I could make arrangements. I needed this, but I couldn't keep it since that King played no games. I rather live with my grandma, then be dead or my mom.

I quickly hopped down the stairs  and checked on Jordan to make sure he was still asleep , I opened the door back up and gave him the money that I had saved up because the other money was for bills and food. He didn't say how much he needed, but I honestly didn't care because I couldn't pay the rest.

"This is all I have"  I told him bluntly. 

He slowly but surely bit his plump lip, making my eyes bulge out of their sockets. He got close to me, that I smelt his expensive cologne. He smelt of weed and something strong. He glanced down at me then looked at the money and closed my hand. How could his hands be so warm, but his eyes look so cold?

"Keep it ma" he stated, and just like that he left.

"Uhhh thanks" I called out, but it came out more as a question. Before he got all the way down the stairs, he looked back at me and we stared at each other for what seemed like eternity but was probably no longer than 10 seconds. On the outside I was hard as a rock, but on the inside my face was a bright red and before I could stop it; I broke down with tears of joy .

King POV

Lord knows she was fine. She was such a sore sight for older eyes like myself. She looked like she was maybe 17 or 18. But you could never tell these days. She was natural, and that was hard to find in a female. What the hell was I thinking? She could've just been lounging around, females don't wear makeup just to sit around the house right? Shit ion know. Although I was 20 years old, she was fine as hell and I couldn't control this temptation.

I mean who would, she was brown skin and her skin was so clear and it looked so soft. She had to be a little over 5 ft because her head barely reached my chest. Matter of fact, it didn't. She had a set of pouty lips, instead of plump lips and her body was legit. I could only imagine.

"Yurt?" I asked, frustrated because I was interrupted with my thoughts.

"Get down hea' quick, these Jamaicans tryna make some shake." My worker,Debo told me.

"Ahh shit, gimmie 10 stall em as long as you can, get my boy Rico. " I informed as I switched over lanes trying to get there quickly.

"Ight boss, 1" he said.

"One" I replied then disconnected the call.

Your work in the street is never done.