Chap.5

Kianna POV

"I employ these niggas, they be grown man but I little boy these niggas, want the cookie so i gotta chip a hoy these niggas but I never iphone android these" I rapped along with Nicki as I walked down the street heading towards Zy's house.

When me and Zy'keiyah were in middle school we were picked on a lot. We weren't exactly ugly, but we just didn't have the best of the clothes, nor did we fit in. We were bigger than most girls and being a size 11 in the 7th grade wasn't the best. I was one of those females who acted tough,but deep down inside it hurt, a lot. I would go home and sit in my mama's lap and cry. She told me I had to be strong for Zy because she didn't have anybody to cry with. It hurt us both. We cried together. That's why we're tight right now like a virgins cat.

I'm 16 years old, but I turn 17 in January. Zy was still a little baby as far as I'm concerned, but she had to take care of grown women situations. To me, age was only a number, the way you acted proved your maturity. I love Jordan like he's my nephew which I call him as which and he knows me as Aunt Kiki. I look up to Zy because she is really handling hers. I knew if I were placed in her position I would probably fold. Because she had so many personal problems, academically she wasn't at the top.  I help her every way I can but I can only do so much. It aint like she don't wanna do good in school, she just has no motivation except for me and I swear that goes in one ear and out the damn other.

My mama and my sister love them too, especially my moms. I guess it's because both of her girls are growing up so she's always offering to watch Jordan or just keep him whenever she has nothing to do. My mom was a hot tamale as some would call it back in the day. She had a baby at 14 years old and then had me 3 years later. She quit after that. She was in an abusive relationship for 10 years of her life that she will never get back. She always tell me and my sisters- Zy to never settle. I listen to her.

Time quickly passed and I was over Zys house and of course she wasn't ready. Which was sad because I called her at 11 am. It's now 1 in the afternoon. It makes no sense how long it takes her to get ready.     After waiting for another lifetime one Zy'keiyah, baby Jordan and I finally headed towards the mall after calling an uber. We headed straight towards the foodcourt because Zy kept pressuring me - being a fat ass as always. 

Of course there seemed to be a thousand niggas in this damn foodcourt, not to mention these staring ass females. Looking ass niggas. None of them caught my eye but one. His back was facing me and I could see the back of his head. He was sitting with a group of 2 other niggas and they both looked at me and smirked.

"Oh shit" I mumbled and quit staring.

"Damn, gonna stare the black off that nigga" Zy joked at me. Jordan giggled as if he knew what she was saying. My cheeks tinted and if I was white you'd be able to see the pink in my cheeks She was right though. He was dark-skin and those were my weaknesses. I was staring him into another nationality, but I couldn't help it. By the way he was sitting, I could tell he was tall which was a plus for me, he had deep waves and a silver chain that sparkled great against his chocolate complexion. I honestly needed him.

Zy smirked at me and grabbed my hand, I don't even remember her ordering anything.

"Let's go, googley eyes"

I smiled and mushed her head, "shut up"

We headed towards Forever 21. I hated this store. Not because of the clothes, but because of the manager. The work effort and basically how the employees were treated. I worked here last year and quit my second month. It was the worst. The discount wasn't hitting on shit, the managers attitude was blown way out of water and my coworkers were so messy it made no sense. I don't know how I managed to stay there that long.

Thankfully we didn't stay in there long. We headed to a shoe store. I looked over at Zy seeing her eyes light up.

Zy'keiyah POV

I honestly loved shoe shopping. I received 2 checks a month basically. Both from my grandma. Both were a good lump some of cash too. So I could splurge for Jordan and I.

"You like these?" I asked Jordan he finally woke up. He was so quiet and peaceful. And thank God he woke up because I was holding him the entire time but my arm hurt like hell. He simply nodded his head but I decided against it. If he really liked the shoes he would've begged, smiled and killed me to get them. I knew my baby, but then again he just woke up. I still disagreed.

I looked around to see Kianna looking at a pair of Roshes. "You think these cute?" She asked. I looked at her confusion.

"They're plain black shoes" I laughed.

"Shut up" then we both heard loud laughter making us both look in that direction.

"There go yo man" I joked nudging her shoulder.

"I'm not sure I wanna-"

"Too late he's coming over here act cool" I could barely keep my laugh in as her eyes turned really big in a panicky state.

"Aye ma" he called to her. I shook my head. That was the absolute worst way to come at Kiki. She hated that shit.

She blushed to me, but then turned to face him with a stale ass face.

"Do I look like your mama?" She asked tilting her neck. I smiled at her dramatic ass and walked over two racks. So I could play peeping tom, but not as obvious.

"Nah shawty my bad, I meant aye babygirl, come'ere" he smiled wide at her. He was a cute darkskin. Perfect for Kianna. He was dressed in a crisp white polo shirt, dark polo jeans and air forces. His teeth were so straight, white and clear, and he knew that his smile was on point cause I noticed he kept smiling. I laughed silently. And continued looking at their new pieces on the Neutrals rack.

Jordan sat quietly on my lap, sucking his thumb. I rolled my eyes at him, he was definitely too old for that.

"Jordan what I tell you bout that" I said to him softly.

He looked at me with googly eyes, but slowly took his finger out of his mouth.

"Zy?" She called getting my attention.

"Huh?" I asked looking at her.

"You won't be mad if I go with him right?" She asked for my approval. I looked at her, as if she was serious. She was, I just shook my head.

"Don't be grown" I smirked but I was telling the truth in all honesty. I wanted her to be safe. She didn't know him from a can of paint.

"You know I will, I'll text you if anything goes wrong" I nodded in response. I kissed her cheek and gave her a hug.

"Keep her safe" I warned him. He threw his hands up in surrender.

"Nice to meet ya ma"

"Likewise" I responded to him and t hen gave her the eye. She already knew what it meant.

After a couple of stores and more shopping, we headed back to Kiki house just because I wasn't ready to head back into that depressing ass house. The door was wide open which confused me, Mrs.Greene didn't like the sunlight to overtake her house so she kept it cracked.

I walked into her house and gasped, Mrs.greene was drowning in her own blood. I sat Jordan on the porch as he was sleep. Thankfully. I called the ambulance, knowing that they'd be here in 1 hour if I said it was a black lady, so I lied and said it was an old woman.

I continuously called Kiki not getting an answer from her. This worried me to the max. I wasn't trying to cockblock, this was so serious.

I was angered because she needs to answer the phone. I began rubbing my temples, something I did in distress. There's no rest for the weary.