Chap.1

Zy'keiyah POV

I gave Jordan bath and dresses him in a cargos a Ralph Lauren Polo shirt and some white air force Nike's they were all hand me downs. I put him to sleep then took a quick shower,creamed my body with lotion then dressed in a tank, regular blue jeans,lime green flannel and my green,gray, red,and yellow Jordan's.

I got my phone ,locked up then I had to wake Jordan up so we could walk to our grandma's house ....

Soon as we stepped inside I smelled the aroma of Sunday food that I really missed. After I was done smelling the delicious aroma. " Grandma where are you at" I asked

"In the kitchen baby come on in here."she said. I walked in there and found here over the stove cooking some food. I came from behind and hugged her which she just turned around and kissed me on my forehead.

"What have you been doing?" My grandma questioned after she was drying off her hands with a dish cloth that she doesn't use.

"Nothing. Taking care if Jordan and arguing with my mother." I said playing with his hands. Not really wanting to look up into her disapproving stare.

"Zy Zy he is NOT your responsibility, You need to be yourself and not Jordan's mother" She said stirring up the homemade gravy.

"I know but you and I know mama ain't gonna do right and I refuse to leave my two year old so- brother at home by his self with that so called mom ."

My grandma smiled putting down the spoon . "Baby, You've been taking care of Jordan since he came home from the hospital . When are you gonna live your life for a change?"she asked

I don't care about living life. I need to make sure Jordan is ok . I wanna make sure he has a roof over his head,food to eat,water to bathe in, and lights and heat you know what I am saying?"

"Wow ! Puddin you are a woman in a teens body and that's great baby this world is crooked and the devil is having a celebration you need to keep that great mind." she said smiling at me I smiled but she might be right I was 16 years old soon going on 17 and I haven't had a boyfriend, never had sex and I don't plan on it- I just didn't have the time right now to entertain anyone.

"Thanks grandma." I said then went up and hugged her.

"You are welcome baby now here eat and get comfortable" she replied

I grubbed on the food tho and fed Jordan his food ..

Thanks grandma I said giving her hug after hours of talking I wanted to get home before it got dark

"You're welcome' she said placing some money in my hand

"No you kee-" I started.

"Shut up child and a take this money before I change my mind" she smiled at me, and I slowly took it gracefully.

I smiled giving her a kiss on the cheek and let her give Jordan a kiss and we left.

Once I got home saw an unfamiliar person knocking on my door.

"Who is this??" I thought to myself, and what could they possibly want?