Chap.6

Zy'keiyah POV

I was sitting here in the waiting room, waiting.

Calling Kianna multiple times had made me very aggravated. I don't know if her phone was off or what, but she needed to answer. I called her one more time and a pissed off Kianna answered the phone

"Mama what do you want?" You've been calling me for like a hour" she complained. I didn't know it was possible to get even more mad than I already was.

"This is Zy'keiyah , I've been calling you for so long obviously something is fucking wrong! Ya' mama is in the hospital & you ain't even called back" I spoke in one breathe, letting my anger out.
"I've be in sitting in this waiting area for about a damn hour which means i've been calling your ass for about 2 and if you don't bring ya ass up here to the hospital ima drag ya ass in front of that lil boy" I warned her. My voice had gotten higher and faster involuntarily.

"Ok Kiki I'm coming now" she said and I hung up, not giving her chance to say anything more.

I slowly looked down at Jordan who was drawing imaginary shit on my arms. He didn't look anything like my dad which meant my mama probably cheated. Which wasn't surprising. Jordan was light skin that complimented his light gray eyes that often changed to a darker gray whenever he was upset. He was gorgeous.

I almost kissed this baby when he called me mama. I almost cried. I wanted too.

It felt like I was doing something right. Whenever I felt I was doing everything wrong. I am 16 and here I am caring for a baby, as if he was my own.

After what seemed like forever, I seen Kianna. Looking up at the door she came in with the dude from the mall behind her. I shook my head in even more disappointment.

Kianna looked like she had been crying, and the only reason I felt bad for her is because I knew the bond they had.

She was quiet. And that was her best bet right now.

"Umm this is my friend Zy'keiyah and her little brother" she said pointing to that nigga.

He nodded his head I waved and this is Killa she said I mentally rolled my eyes, while saying in my head "we've been introduced you dumb ass" but this wasn't the time nor place.

We waited and waited until finally a doctor came. "Is this the Greene family?" he asked looking at all of us.

"Yes" we answered and practically ran towards him.

"Ms.Greene is currently in critical condition, she was shot twice, one in the arm and the other in her stomach. Luckily we were able to locate them and remove them quickly. She is very lucky that she is still breathing ... The machines are helping her breathe as normal as possible & back on track, the bad news is that she's going to need a long time for healing. Those two shots were aimed & she is very lucky and blessed as I stated before" he said.

"Thanks do you know how long shes gonna be in there?" Kianna asked, looking back behind the doors as patients were being wheeled in and out of there.

"It looks like for quite a while maybe for 2 to 3 weeks with daily checkups of course" he answered, readjusting his glasses ".

"Ok" Kianna nodded.

He nodded and started to walk away I stopped him

"When are we gonna be able to see her?" I asked.

"Give her at least a couple of days until she heals" he said while looking back at me.

"Ok thank you" I replied with a warm smile. He was a big help.

He nodded with a genuine smile and proceeded to walk away. I sighed and flopped down on the chair.

"Now you tell me why the fuck you weren't answering the phone" I yelled.

She shook her said and shrugged her shoulders as tears began to swell out of her eyes. "I didn't think it was that important" she whispered.

I didn't answer.

"Can I hold him?" Killa asked out of nowhere.

I looked up at him, "uh I guess I said slowly giving him a sleepy Jordan who was previously in my arms.

Kianna put her head on my shoulder and started to bawl.

Zy what am I gonna do without her? I just need her. Kianna said crying harder.

I rubbed her hair and kissed her forehead. She was scared and I was too. I try to reassure her that everything would be okay but I wasn't sure.

Kianna POV

Without my mom I cannot function.
She's literally my backbone and if she dies what exactly am I gonna do? Where am I gonna go? Shit I depend on my mama so much.

We sat for 2 hours then Killa dropped us off at home. Right now me and him were sitting in the car talking while Kiki and Jordan was in their house since our house was being "investigated".

"Well I gotta go. Thanks for today" I said.

"Wait ma your number he asked" I thought.

"And what makes you think you can have my number" I joked.

"We'll be like dat den " he played along as his accent came out. I smiled and picked up the pen that sat in console.

"There you go" I said after writing my number on his palm.

I saw Zy'keiyah at the door waiting on me since old niggas was on the porch.

We were use to it we went around so back so we wouldn't have to deal with 'Your sexy ' What y'all young asses doing out here ' comments like that .

Zy'keiyah took out her key and we quietly went upstairs since there was niggas and bitches everywhere it seemed like.

"I hope my mama is okay" I stressed after we took our showers and she put Jordan to sleep.

"Me too your mama and my grandma are like my mom put together" she said then gave a weak smile.

"Its gonna be hard to handle this shit forreal"
I said sighing

"Yea I wonder who did that shit though .. Your mama got any enemies?" Zy asked and it didn't click to me at first but once it did. Hate and rage filled my entire body.

My daddy.

I tossed and turned all night because if my 'dad' had anything to do with my moms sudden shoot out I will kill his ass with no questions asked.