Wednesday June 2nd

Hope and I woke at 6 and got dressed. We met our group and walked down to get coffee. We ordered and sat down.

Alex: how you feeling Baby Horse?
Me: good a little nervous
Ash: and the ankle?
Me: good for now
Kelley: race you back!

Kelley and I raced back to the hotel and went to breakfast. We ate and then Jill stood.

Jill: alright ladies lunch is at 12 with film after and the bus will leave at 5:15.

We cleared out plates and went to our rooms. I finished my book and was halfway through my summary when Hope and I went down for lunch. I ate while I finished my summary. Jill started the film and we watched and talked about it. Once film ended, Tobin and I played soccer tennis after we changed. We loaded the bus and went to the stadium.

We went to the locker room and changed. We headed out and did warmups. Alex and I got our shots and then went back in. I put on my uniform and jacket before lining up. We did walk out and then took the field. The whistle blew and we kicked off. We fought over the ball but Japan won it in the midfield. They played a long ball and their forward shot and scored in the 14th  minute.

Announcer: Goal for Japan. Mana Iwabuchi with a fantastic shot. Nothing Solo could do 0-1 for Japan.

We set back up and Alex sent the ball back we had a couple chanced but couldn't finish. In the 22nd minute Japan scored again.

Announcer: Yuki Ogimi with the goal off of Emi Nakajima cross. Japan leading by 2.

I sent the ball to Tobin for kick off and we kept the ball. Julie passed to Moe who chipped the ball up the field for me. I beat my defender and cut back towards the goal. I crossed and Alex took her shot.

Announcer: USA goal! Alex Morgan assisted by Baby Horse in the 27th minute. USA trailing by 1.

Japan kicked off and we fought for it back. The half time whistle blew and we went to the locker room. You could feel the tension in the air. Jill talked and gave us directions and we went back out. Japan kicked off but we won the ball eventually. I got fouled on the right wing and Tobin took the kick. The ball came in and Alex had the header.

Announcer: Goal! USA. Alex Morgan with her second goal to tie it up 2-2 in the 64th minute.

Japan kicked off again and kept the ball. Japan won a corner and Hope called everyone but Alex back.

Hope: Everyone back, Baby Horse cover back post, Kriegs cover her, and Moe watch your right!

The cross came in and Kling headed it out. it went straight to Japan's forward. She shot and Hope had taken a step forward but I knew she would be to late so I stepped away from the post. I let the ball hit me and Hope picked it up.

Announcer: a laser from Yuki Ogimi. Its blocked by Baby Horse who is down. Hope Solo collects and is now checking on Savannah.

Hope: Baby Horse are you okay?
Me: yeah knocked the breath out of me. Help me up.

Hope helped me up and I jogged back up the field while Hope sent the ball up. We had a thrown in and Lindsey came in for Allie. Moe won the ball and sent it to Kelley on the wing. Kelley crossed and Lindsey headed the ball in.

Announcer: Goal, Lindsey Horan in the 89th minute! US leads 3-2. 4th official has added 4 minutes.

Japan kicked off and we fought for it. In the last minute Komi Yokoyama ran onto a ball behind our defense and she slotted a ball past Hope.

Announcer: Japan with the equalizer. Its tied 3-3 here in the 94th minute. There is kick off and the final whistle.

We shook hands and got our recovery drinks. A group of us signed autographs and then went into the locker room. I showered and then loaded the bus. We went back to the hotel and had dinner. Hope skipped and went to our room. I ate and then fixed her a plate and went up. Hope was out of the shower and sitting on her bed.

Me: you played great stop beating yourself up.
Hope: I let in 3 goals how is that great?
Me: you saved 7 others. Now eat your food before it gets cold
Hope: thank you for the food and on that corner.
Me: we all need a little help sometimes.

After Hope ate I climbed in next to her so we could watch a movie on my computer. The movie ended and we fell asleep.