Saturday June 5th

Hope woke me up at 6 and I got dressed. I followed Hope to breakfast and Dawn gave me my plate. I ate and then we loaded the bus. The training was short and we worked on set pieces and overturns. We went back to the hotel and I took a nap. Hope woke me up for lunch at 10. Once we ate we went back to the stadium. We did warmups and then changed into our uniforms. We did walk out and then took the field.

Japan kicked off the and we fought over the ball. We had shots but couldn't finish them. I had the ball on the right but got fouled. Tobin set up to take the kick. She sent the ball to the left of the box and Allie got it. The goalie stepped and she passed to Julie who finished it.

Announcer: goal for the US, Julie Johnston assisted by Allie Long. 1-0 in the 27th minute.

We set back up and Japan kicked off. We fought back and forth until the halftime whistle blew. We went to the locker room and listened to Jill. We went back out and kicked off. We kept the ball and worked our way up the field. Kelley played me the ball on the right wing. I dribble up as Alex made her run. I sent in a bending cross and Alex shot it past the keeper.

Announcer: Alex Morgan with the goal. 2-0 in the 62nd minute. Baby Horse with assist.

We set back up and in the 76th minute the ref called for a rain delay. We went into the locker room and waited. The game was called and we shook hands with Japan and then loaded up the bus. At the hotel I showered and packed my bags. I ate the snack Dawn had set out while I grabbed a pair of my cleats and my extra shorts. Dawn then came in.

Dawn: Baby Horse there you are. So what are you doing when you get home?
Me: Tomorrow morning is a workout with Alex and John and then I leave after lunch for cheer camp.
Dawn: alright well I am packing enough supplies to make your drink for 5 weeks. I want you to have 2 every day.
Me: what about airport security?
Dawn: here is a medical slip and then how to make it.
Me: alright thank you then

I took the papers and then Dawn gave me the supplies. I packed them in my suitcase and put on my backpack. I said goodbye to Hope and then Kelley, Ali, Ashlyn and I got into the team van and headed to the airport. We checked our bags in and got coffee. We said our goodbyes and went to our respective gates. My mom texted me while I waited.

Mom: what time is your flight and are you stopping in Atlanta?
Me: my flight is at 6 and yeah I land in Atlanta at 7:30. I have a layover so my next flight isn't until 10 why?
Mom: I land in Atlanta for the night at 8. If you want to get dinner together
Me: sure see you then I am boarding now.

I boarded my plane and found my seat. I landed in Atlanta and got my bag. I went to my mom's gate and waited for her. She came off and we got her bag. We ate at TGIFs.

Mom: good job on your games you played great.
Me: thank you so where are you headed?
Mom: Pennsylvania
Me: oh where are you coming?
Mom: the 19th
Me: I'll be in North Carolina then
Mom: alright well let Lydia know your schedule
Me: I will, well thanks for dinner but I have to go catch my flight
Mom: alright goodnight and see you whenever
Me: bye mom goodnight

I got on my fight and landed in West Point at 11:20. Brad picked me up and drove me home. I showered and then fell asleep with Brad.