- 7 -

tutor

samuel received his test paper.

58? with a note saying to meet the teacher after class.

he looked at (y/n)'s.

~

perfect. of course. she was exceptional in all subjects; math especially. but she had the same note on her paper.

~

samuel wondered why their teacher would want them both at the end of the day.

~

the bell rang, signalling the end of the day, and class.

the two were called up.

~

"(y/n), i have requested you tutor samuel. you're my top student, and samuel, if you don't do well... you will not attend your season opening games. is that understood?"

~

samuel felt his heart stop.

no sports? even more alone time with (y/n)?

how would he do that?

~

(y/n) felt the same.

if he didn't pass, she'd feel awful. also more alone time with him? his fangirls would kill her.

~

"i-i will make sure samuel does well."

~

(y/n) lead samuel to the library and worked out a schedule.

awkward pauses and eye contact were plentiful.

~

"samuel... for our schedule, how about i tutor you the same days we work on our project? we can study on after your practices, and so the project days, your tutoring doesn't have to be as long."

~

samuel was happy (y/n) was organized. he agreed. today, he told his coach he had to study in order to play.

~

"you better be ready to play, sam. opening games are in a couple weeks."

~

(y/n) knew samuel was a star player and if he was unable to play, it would be on her. just being around him would attract the wrong people's attention.

~

samuel knew he wasn't going to be able to focus with (y/n) as a tutor and that meant he wouldn't be able to play if he didn't do well. he could barely focus when they worked on the project.

~

the nerd tutors the jock.

maybe they learn more than just math.

nope. too cliché.