Chapter One |Prolouge|

Scars show toughness: that you've been through it, and you're still standing.
~~~Theo Rossi

There were screams that could be heard throughout the kingdom coming from one place in particular, the king's castle.

There, in the castle, was a maid servant giving birth to the guard of the Elven King. A first born. Hopefully a son, the guard wished. Though he never told his wife.

The screams died down and a baby's cry soon replaced them. The child had finally been born, a little Elith. However, disappointed the father had been that the first born had not been a son, he was still very happy to finally get to see his beautiful baby daughter.

"What shall we name her, Adoron?" The woman asked, staring lovingly down at the small child in her arms.

The child looked up at her father, with beautiful, sparkling, dark eyes. The child also had little tufts of dark hair. Adoron smiled at his rather special child. Elves very rarely had dark eyes and dark hair. At least, elves of Mirkwood didn't. "I believe we should name her Hourial." The father whispered gently.

The mother smiled, "Hourial, Andrea..Andrea the courageous. Oh, I believe that is a wonderful name for our beautiful daughter!"

"Yes, I believe so, Malayha." Adoron said, bending down to kiss his wife's head.

The two parents smiled down at their lovely child, but little did they know what a handful she would turn out to be..

••••••••••

<<five years later>>

"Daddy! Daddy!" I ran up to my father as soon as I saw him.

"Yes, my dear, Andrea?" My father said. He was a tall man, long blond hair. That was usual for Elven men though. He also had light blue eyes, they would turn to flame in a second if you angered him.

"Can I go out with you?" I asked some-what shyly. My father is a guard. The king's personal guard, actually. I have never met the king, but my father always speaks highly of him. I, for one, hate him for always keeping my daddy away.

"Go ask your mother while I get ready, alright love?" He smiled sweetly at me.

I nodded vigorously and ran towards the kitchens where I knew my mother would be.

I got into the kitchen and was immediately greeted by my mother. "Well, hello darling! What is it that you need?" She said and bent down to my height of about three and a half feet.

"I asked if I could go out with Father to the training grounds and he told me to ask you, so I'm asking you." I spoke hopefully,

She laughed, "of course dear!"

I shouted my thank you and ran out of the kitchens back to my Father. I told him that I could go and we began our descent to the training grounds.

I sat for a while watching my father help the younger elves learn how to fight. I want to be a warrior when I grow up...

•••••••••••••

<<ten years later>>

Left.

Right.

Left.

Right.

I punched that bag of flour that I was supposed to be bringing to the kitchens. I am now fifteen years of age and working my way up to become a guard. Although, I am a woman so I am not allowed to train. I tend to do it in secret, when people are not looking. My mother wishes for me to become a chef in the kitchens, just as she is. I guess we shall see about that.