Chapter Seven

In the end, everyone turns out to be the person they swore they'd never become...

We chatted some more until we decided it was time to go and quench our famished stomachs.

We got out and went our separate ways towards our bed chambers to prepare ourselves and then meet in the dining hall.

I smiled to myself as I thought about how kind Kandon is compared to the other men I have met...compared to my King.

Once I got to my room, I pulled on a green tunic that went down to my mid thigh, black leggings, and my brown leather boots. I strapped on my leather wrist braces along with all of my knives and daggers. You can never be too prepared.

I braided my hair to the side and set out for the dining hall. Smiling like an imbecile.

When I got there, I saw Kaden standing there in the hallway with his hands clasped behind his back and a cute little grin on his face. We approached each other half way, I curtsied in respect as his position is still higher than mine.

Kaden immediately shook his head, "now, now, I will have none of that. I am not royalty nor am I in anyway higher than you or even the one who has made this lovely food that we shall eat soon. There is no reason to bow my dear, we are equals. One in the same."

Valhalla, he's even got less of an ego than any other man I've met. I blushed and nodded my head in understanding. He hung out his arm and I took ahold of it as he led me into the dining hall.

Before we had entered, we heard much chatter and merriment from the elven men and high ladies. Now, as we enter, arm in arm, the excitement dies down as all eyes are cast upon us.

We began our descent towards our seat as I felt a certain pair of pale blue eyes burn holes into the back of my head. It made me feel rather...uncomfortable.

Kaden pulled out a chair for me before I sat down. I smiled my thank you to him and laid my napkin down onto my lap.

"Well, my angel, what would you like to eat? I can go get us both our plates if you would like?" Kaden spoke with his heavenly voice. Strange though...I didn't seem to like it as much as I enjoyed listening to...no. Never mind.

"It's alright, I can get my own dish of food. There is no need to trouble yourself upon me."

The raven haired elf shook his head, "no, no. It is not every day that I can get the luxury of doting upon such a precious gem as yourself. Allow me, please."

And that he did. He got me exactly what I wanted to eat without me even having to tell him. A salad with some soup and a goblet of white wine.

"Thank you, Kandon, you are very kind to me." I blushed.

Kandon grinned sweetly at me, "it is my pleasure."

We ate and laughed until finally our bellies were full. We decided to tour the gardens and talk together without so many people around.

Kaden is really sweet...and really good looking but....no. You will not go there. He is too much of an hakka.

We, Kaden and I, walked the paths of the gardens until we got to one of the most beautiful oak trees.

"It is beautiful, is it not?" I whispered.