Chapter 7

Nightback ran to Wheeljack and Arcee's quarters and knocked on the door. Arcee opens the door, "Nightback, here to see Seajumper?"

"Yes, ma'am, and I'm really sorry about yesterday."

"No worries, at least you kids are safe."

"Is Wheeljack here? I wanted to apologize to him too."

"Yeah. Wheeljack, come to the door!"

Wheeljack walks to the door, "Hey, Nightback."

"Hi, I wanted to tell you that I'm sorry about what happened yesterday. And I promise it won't happen again."

"No worries, kid."

"Is it okay if Seajumper can come out to play?"

"I thought you were grounded."

"I am but Mom said that Seajumper could come over to play."

"Oh, okay. Seajumper!"

"Yes?" Seajumper asked slowly coming out of his room.

"You want to go play with Nightback?"

"I thought you were grounded for the day."

"I am but Mom said you can come over to play."

"Cool. Do you think Emberwing would want to play?" The younger mech asked as they went outside.

"I'm afraid to ask."

"I know, what if she doesn't want to play with us, or if Thunderhoof and Metalsound say they don't want us to play with her anymore."

"Yeah," Nightback said looking down at the ground.

"You could just ask," Grimlock said as he approached the two boys.

"What if they yell at us or something?"

"I'm sure if you apologize they won't yell... Maybe," Grimlock replied as he pondered on the thought.

"Guess we can give it a try," Nightback says looking at Seajumper. Seajumper nodded, and then they went to see Emberwing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"When did you tell our son that we were once enemies and why?" Strongarm asked Steeljaw as she sat next to him on the berth.

"The other day," he replied feeling his ears fold back. "The reason I told him was because he was shocked at how quickly Emberwing bucked him off her back, so I was explaining to him that he should never underestimate a femme."

"Ah, I see. I still can't believe I beat you. Are you sure you weren't going easy on me?"

"I'm sure, plus you kept throwing things at me," he chuckled.

Strongarm chuckled as well, "Well, it helped me take you off guard. You were too busy shaking your helm from the hit of the items you didn't know I had went air born for a kick to your face until it was too late."

"I guess I deserved that for throwing sand in your optics," he chuckled as he leaned his helm on her shoulder, "I'm sorry for that by the way."

"Eh, it was battle. Gave me a lesson actually."

"And what was the lesson?"

"That you should always look out for cheap tricks from your opponent, even if it's dirty."

"Yep," his tail slowly wrapped around her waist.

She giggled, "I'm glad we had that fight, it brought us together. Sounds strange but true."

"Yes, it did," he whispered as he kissed her neck.

"If it wasn't for that fight you probably wouldn't have fallen in love with me and we wouldn't have gotten together. You would be in stasis with the others right now."

Steeljaw made a sound in agreement as he kissed down her arm, "I'm just glad we met and you gave me a second chance after I screwed up."

"I couldn't stay mad at you. I figured it was only right to give you another chance."

His arm wrapped around her stomach, holding her close he slowly moved back to her neck, "Thank you," he said as he held her close and took in her scent. Strongarm just smiled.

"You're free to leave, Steeljaw. So you two take your sentimental scrap to your room please," Ratchet cuts in. Steeljaw chuckled as he let go of his mate. Slowly getting off the berth he took her servo and led her out of Med Bay and to their room.

They get to their room and Strongarm helps him lie down, "Can I get you anything?"

"Just your love," he replied with a smirk. She smiles at him as she lies down next to him. He wrapped his arms around her waist as he nuzzled her neck once again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The boys are at Emberwing's place now, and Seajumper knocks on the door. Thunderhoof opened the door and looked down at the two boys, "Do your parents know you two are here?"

"Well, mine does but his don't," Seajumper replied

"I wanted to apologize for yesterday. How's Emberwing?" Nightback asked feeling smaller than he ever had before. Thunderhoof scared him.

"She's healing but very sore."

"Can we see her?"

"No. Metalsound and I don't want you around her.... at the moment at least. Maybe later after Metalsound and I are more calm and relaxed about the situation."

"Okay," Nightback said quietly, "Can you tell Metalsound I'm sorry?"

"Will do."

"Thank you," he walked off, his tail tucked between his legs. Thunderhoof shook his helm with a sigh as he went back inside.

"Don't worry about it, Nightback, he said only for the moment," Seajumper says trying to comfort his friend.

"But who knows how long that will be. What if they never let her play with us again?"

"Just give them some time to cool off."

"You're right. So, what do you want to do?"

"Um, wrestle?"

"I don't feel like it. Wanna race?"

"How? We're confined to the scrapyard and don't forget you're grounded."

"You're not grounded?"

"Yeah, I am. Why do you think I was so surprised when Dad asked me if I would like to come out and play with you?"

"Ohh, maybe we can help Fixit or Soundwave with anything?"

"Yeah, let's go see."

The two headed towards the Alchemor, both Fixit and Soundwave were at the monitors, keeping an eye out for Decepticon activity. The two boys run up to them, "Hey, Fixit. Hey, Soundwave."

"Hello, Nightback, Seajumper. How are you today?" Fixit asked.

"Doing good. We wanted to know if there was anything we could do to help."

A red X appeared on Soundwave's visor as he went back to the screen, typing away.

"Awwwwwwwwww," the two boys groaned, "Now what?" Nightback asked Seajumper. The younger mech shrugged before the alarm sounded making both boys jump. Bumblebee and the others come running.

"What's happening?" Nightback asked as he covered his ears.

"We got Decepticon signals," the Mini-Con replied.

"How many and where are they?" Bumblebee asked.

"There's only four of them, and they're near the lake where Decepticon Island used to be."

"Right, let's go!" Bumblebee and the others transform and roll out.

"Man, I wish we could watch," Seajumper said as the team left.

"Yeah, me too."

Soundwave looked at the boys for a moment before deploying Laserbeak to follow after the group. The group follows the coordinates to where the 'Cons are.