Chapter 25

A loud boom of thunder woke Emberwing from her sleep. Holding her toy close she tried to go back to sleep, only for another loud rumble to keep her awake. Shaking with fear she ran to her parent's room.

"Emberwing, is the thunder scaring you?" Thunderhoof asked her after they saw her come in.

"Yes," she whispered as she walked over to the berth, "Can I sleep with you tonight?"

"Of course."

Climbing into the berth she settled herself between her mom and dad. Metalsound held her daughter close, "You know when I first came here I was scared of the thunder too. I never heard anything that loud before. But after a few storms, I got used to it."

"You did? Think I'll get used to it too?"

"Yes, I did. I think you will, it'll just take time."

"OK."

"We'll be right here, try to get back to sleep," she whispered as she rubbed her daughter's helm. The little one nods and yawns before lying down and going back to sleep. Metalsound smiled as she watched her daughter sleep.

So did Thunderhoof, "She's so adorable when she's asleep."

"Yes, she is, and so are you," Metalsound said quietly.

"But she gets it from you," he whispers back. Purring softly, she looked at him lovingly and he smiled at her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wheeljack and Arcee were sleeping when Seajumper came busting into the room and jumped into the berth, he got under the covers between them trying to hide. Wheeljack and Arcee bolted awake and looked to see their son trembling under their covers.

"Seajumper, what's the matter?" Arcee asked looking at the trembling sparkling.

"Th-the thunder scares me," a big boom of thunder sounded and he grabbed hold of his mom. Arcee held him close.

"It's nothing to be scared of. Thunder can't hurt you," Wheeljack said with a yawn.

"I know, but the sound still scares me."

"And that's okay, you'll get used to it. Just think of it as a human instrument, like the drums."

"OK. But can I sleep with you guys?"

"Yes," Arcee replied before Wheeljack could object, "If you'd rather stay here you can."

"Thanks, Mom."

"You're welcome," she smiled as he made himself comfortable. He then went back to sleep snuggled up against his mom.

"You know he's going to come in here every time there's a storm now, right?" Wheeljack asked.

"So let him, he's still a kid who gets scared."

"You're right," he replied quietly as a loud boom filled the room. Wheeljack let out a yelp as he ducked under the covers.

"What happened to the tough guy who isn't afraid of anything?"

"He's still there," he replied as thunder rumbled softly, "But thunder sounds too much like explosions so I can't help but act on instinct and take cover."

"That's true. I can't tell you how often I have to resist the urge to duck for cover when I hear thunder. It's scary how much it sounds like a bomb going off. But don't worry, I'll protect you," she says teasingly.

Wheeljack looked at her for a moment before he chuckled, "You can protect me any time you want," he whispered as he leaned over to give her a soft kiss. She giggled before kissing him back.