Chapter 33

The alarm blared to life causing a few of the bots to bolt out of their berths, "What is it, Fixit?" Bumblebee asked as he and a few of the others ran up to the Alchemor.

"'Con activity in the deserts of Texas."

"Texas?" Steeljaw asked.

"How many 'Cons are there?" Wheeljack asked, itching to get some action.

"I'm getting three 'Con readings."

"Lame," Wheeljack scoffed.

"They resemble tigers," Fixit added as he pulled up their files.

"Okay not lame, I'm in."

"Alright, the femmes shall stay behind and look after the sparklings and we'll go get the 'Cons."

"Be careful." Arcee kissed Wheeljack before he could take off.

"I will," Wheeljack replied as he transformed and drove off.

"You too," Strongarm tells Steeljaw, kissing him.

"Kick some tail for me," Metalsound grinned as she gave her mate a passionate kiss, "And be careful."

"Don't worry, we will," Thunderhoof replied as he and Steeljaw transformed, following after Wheeljack.

I miss you already. Steeljaw told Strongarm through their bond.

I miss you already too.

The femmes watched their mates drive off for a while before they looked for the sparklings. They quickly find the sparklings playing a game, "What are you guys playing?" Strongarm asked.

"We're playing Autobots, Predacons, and Decepticons," Nightback replied. "I'm the Autobot, Seajumper's the Decepticon, and Emberwing is the Predacon."

"Ahh. Who's winning?"

"Emberwing," the boys replied simultaneously. They all started laughing.

"It's not funny, she keeps sitting on us," Seajumper pouted.

"Or whenever we try to jump on her to take her down she throws us off," Nightback added.

"It's just how she was made," Strongarm tells them trying to hold back a laugh.

Metalsound chuckled, "Where is she now?"

"Hiding, we're trying to find her," Seajumper whispered. "But it's really hard to sneak up on her."

"Looks like she's improved on her techniques," Arcee stated with a slight giggle.

"Can you help us?"

"Sure. What would you like us to do?"

"Be on the lookout for Ember," Nightback whispered.

"OK," Strongarm whispered back.

"Who's on who's team?" Metalsound whispered.

"I got my son," Strongarm whispered back.

"I'm with Seajumper," Arcee replied quietly.

"Guess that makes me--" Metalsound got cut off by Emberwing when she pounced on her.

"Captured," Emberwing replied with triumph. "OK guys, I have a human. What's your next plan?"

"I don't care about a human life, I'll take you down," Seajumper replied.

"Don't worry human, the Autobots will save you," Nightback announced in a deep voice. Seajumper tackled Emberwing, somehow managing to get her off of Metalsound.