Chapter 16

In the morning, Nightback wakes up and jumps on Seajumper, "Nightback, cut it out," Seajumper complained as he pushed Nightback off of him. Taking his blanket he hid his helm under it as he tried to go back to sleep.

"Aw come on, Seajumper. Don't be a spoilsport."

"The sun is still rising, and it's your fault for making me stay up when Mom said it was time for bed."

"Yeah, maybe we shouldn't have stayed up so late."

"I don't see how Emberwing can get up this early," the young mech yawned as he took off the covers and stretched.

"Just the way she is."

A knock came at the front door and the boys ran out to see who it was. Wheeljack opens the door and they see Bumblebee standing there, "Wheeljack, where is Nightback?"

"Morning, Dad. Good morning, Bumblebee," Seajumper greeted.

"Hello, Bumblebee. How are you?"

"Sorry, good morning to you all. I'm here to see Nightback."

"Am I in trouble?"

"Not at all, I just came to let you know your parents are in Med Bay. Your mom got really sick last night."

"Is Mom okay?" He asked in worry.

"She is now, she just needs to rest."

"Can I see her and Dad?"

"Of course, that's why I came to get you."

"Can I come back later?" Nightback asked Wheeljack.

"Of course," Wheeljack replied with a smile

"Thank you, sir," Nightback said as he left with Bumblebee.

Bumblebee and Nightback arrive at Med Bay and find Steeljaw and Strongarm still asleep. Nightback crawls onto the berth and wakes them up. Steeljaw, of course, wakes up growling, "What do you wa-!? Oh, morning son."

Nightback flinched when his father growled, "M-morning."

"Don't mind your dad, he never liked being woken up early in the morning."

"I'm sorry. Are you feeling better Mom?"

"Yes, I am," she replied with a smile.

"Sorry for growling at you, son. As your mom said I never liked being woken up early in the morning. Also, I'm a bit on edge right now."

"It's okay. Why are you on edge?"

"You're too young to know. I'll tell you about it when you're older."

"All of you keep saying that. How old do we have to be when you tell us?"

Steeljaw chuckled, "Older than you are now."

Nightback whined as he laid his helm on his mom's stomach. They both looked down at him and smiled, "Did you have fun with Seajumper last night?" Strongarm asked.

"Yep, I told Wheeljack that I would be back later. Do you need anything? I can get some Energon for you," Nightback asked wanting to help his parents to feel better.

"Some Energon would be nice," Strongarm replied with a loving smile.

"I'll be right back," he took off to get the Energon.

The two smiled as they watched their son leave, "He's a good kid," Steeljaw said breaking the silence.

"Yes, he is. Are you okay?"