Why Do You Like to Torture Me?

Lucas

The past week was pretty much me just trying to keep Maya happy to make sure she doesn't go off and kill someone because of these mood swings but now, I'm hoping that she will feel better now because we leave for the cabin today.

And just like any other time we go somewhere, I'm packing up our stuff as she lays on our bed, talking to Riley.

I don't even know what they're talking about but the smile on Maya's face as she rubs her stomach is the most beautiful thing I've ever seen.

Her little dimples are so stunning and the way she just looks up at the ceiling, thinking about what her best friend is speaking about, I want to take picture and just stare at this sight ever night before I go to sleep.

Everyone knows I hate the word perfect. But I don't know how else to describe Maya, in this moment and any other moment. She's just so perfect.

My thoughts are cut off when Maya giggles, at me not what Riley is saying on the other end of Maya's phone. "I'm serious, stop looking at me like that, Heehaw."

The huge smile on my face grows even more. "I can't."

Riley must've asked what's going on because Maya says, "Lucas is just being a cutie."

"But Maya is even cuter." I crawl atop of my gorgeous and pregnant wife

"No way, Lucas is the cutest cutie ever." Maya caresses my face with one hand

"How can I be the cutest cutie when Maya exist and is already that?"

"Come here, baby." She then takes me by the collar of my shirt and brings me in for a slow and soft yet passionate kiss

At this point we've both forgotten that Riley's on the phone and we're just completely lost in each other and this love-filled kiss we're sharing.

Until Maya quickly breaks apart and puts a finger to my lips. "We will defiantly continue this later, my handsome huckleberry."

"I need to give Austin some love anyway." I slide down her tiny body as Maya begins to talk to Riley on the phone again

My lips press against her stomach now and I begin to speak. "Hey Aus. It's been about three hours since I last talked to you. What's up, little man?"

Without even looking up, I can tell that Maya is smiling very big which makes me super happy just because I know she's happy.

"I'll call you later, Riles," Maya says into the phone, "Love you too."

And then she hangs and her hands thread all through my hair making me look up into her sparkling eyes. "You wanna say something to Austin?"

"If he could hear me, I would," Maya looks at her bump, "But he can't. So no."

"Just tell him that you love him." I smile my charming smile in hopes that she will do it

"You tell him." Maya blushes hard now

"Alright, alright," I look back at her stomach, "Austin, mommy loves you so much. Even if she can't tell you yet. And I love you so much and Riley loves you so much, Farkle and Zay and Shawn and the Matthews. You're gonna be so loved, Aus."