Chapter 8

Layla Preston

The constant buzzing of my phone was enough to peel me away from my sleep. My eyes slowly open, and I wait as my vision steadily adjusts to the darkness of my room. I roll over angrily to see who interrupted my slumber, but my anger quickly dissipated when I read the name upon my screen.

Vincent.

"Hey, can you meet me at the park please?"

"Hello?"

"Damn, you must be fast asleep by now. I didn't realize the time.."

"Never mind I'll leave you be, I hope you're sleeping good beautiful."

I felt the heat rush to my face as my cheeks turn red from the compliment of being called beautiful by him.

"Hey! I'm awake now, we can meet up."

I press the send button and within a minute he replies back that he'll be there waiting for me to arrive. I push myself out of bed and change as fast as possible. Brushing my teeth and hair as well, I sit back down on my bed and began to put my shoes on. I opened my bedroom door and tiptoed quietly downstairs. I faintly heard the obnoxious snores of my father, as I passed my parents bedroom. I peel the front door open, as the creak of it echoes through the house. My eyes widen, I stand as frozen as a statue. Nothing. I sighed a sigh of relief and closed the door behind me while I exit the house.

Within a few minutes the park enters my line of sight. I see a figure sitting down on a lone park bench. He turned, his eyes locking on to mine. "Hey, what's up?" I question taking a seat next to him.

"Um Layla I have to tell you something?" He told me. I started to get nervous.

"What is it?" I asked him. "I'm leaving." He mumbled. I felt as if someone grabbed my heart and crushed it right when those words left his mouth.

"W-w-why?" I asked as my eyes started to tear up. "The council found us....my dad wants to move our family fast." Vincent told me.

"When will you go?" I asked him as I looked down. My hands became more interesting than this convo.

"Tomorrow." He spoke. That's when I lost it. I started to sob.

He pulled me onto his lap. And shushed me. I still continued to cry. I know we aren't dating but I like him a lot. And I couldn't my life without him now.

"Come with me." He pulled me back and looked at me. "I can't...m m my fam-family an and fr..friends." I sobbed. "I cant leave them." I told him. His bright hazel eyes became dull.

"Will I ever see you again?" I asked wiping my tears away. "I don't know maybe....but most likely not." He told me.

I started to cry again. "Vincent please don't leave me." I sobbed. He paused. "I wouldn't dream of it...but I have to go." He spoke.

"No." I cried." "Layla?" He whispered. "W-w-what?" I sobbed. He paused "I love you." He said.

I looked up at him. His hazel eyes were starring at me intently. And I thought about it. We don't even know that much about each other and I gonna admit I think I love him to.

"And I love you to." I smiled weakly. He looked down at his watch. "I gotta get going." He spoke sadly.

My lip quivered. I stood up and wiped my tears away. He got up and looked at me.

Before I could say anything. His lips were on mine. I responded quickly and are lips moved in sync.
He bit my lip again. And soon our tongues fought for dominance. He won of course. After we made out for about 5 minutes we finally pulled away.