Chapter 16

Layla POV-

"Whatcha wanna do?" I asked Vincent as we sat in my room.

Yes room... we have been at our new house for about 2 hours and due to vampire speed we unpacked pretty quickly.

"Um let's go to the mall." He suggested.

My already cold heart, sunk. Tears brimmed my eyes.

"No..No..No!" I yelled running away.

I ran downstairs ignoring everyone's calls.

I headed towards the woods. Not looking back.

I jumped over logs, over streams...I slowed down and saw myself standing near a small waterfall.

"I'm sorry." I whispered. Yeah no one was around but I was talking to her.

Maddie.

"I'm sorry." I repeated.

Flashback* (Listen to say something by Great big world when reading this...I cried writing it 😢)

"NOOO!! I screamed as I watched her get shot.

"MADDIE!!, SOMEONE HELP!!" I screamed at everyone who were to busy running around screaming.

Tears soaked my face. "MADDIE?!" I screamed.

The car that the gun shots came from pulled off. I slowly walked over to my sister.

There her limp body lay. "Maddie?" I whispered.

No answer.

"Maddie answer me!?" I screamed.

"I..I..Love you..Remember T..t..that. She took a deep breath and just layed there.

"I love you to." I cried. I sat beside her and cried.

She was Not moving or speaking.

Next thing I knew I was being pulled away by a cop.

I saw my parents crying. I ran over and joined them.

"It's all my fault!" I sobbed into my dads stomach as I hugged him.

"What?" He pulled me back.

"If maybe I didn't ever want that candy...or say yes to going to the mall...she'd still be here!!" I cried out.

"Don't ever think that! It's not your fault honey." He hugged me.

The cop sadly looked at my family.

He shook his head. No!! I thought.

My whole world stopped. I felt as if I should just die right then in there.

She's gone. My big sister was gone.

My best friend....was gone.

And she's never coming back.

No matter how much I pray an hope.

She's forever out of my life.

No more fantasizing about our weddings together. Or having kids of our own. Or what are husbands will be like. No more fighting. No more hearing her everyday. No more her.

It was all gone.

End of flashback*

But it kinda is.

It is my fault.

I wiped my tears away. "Layla?"
Someone whispered.

I turned and saw Vincent looking confused.

I ran and hugged him. He embraced me.

"What was that about?" He whispered in my ear.

I explained everything to Vincent. Telling him about my life with her all the way to her funeral.

He hugged me tighter. "So you that's why you ran...she asked the exact same thing?" He asked me. I nodded my head.

He pulled back as wiped my tears. "I love you." He mumbled. "I love you to." I smiled.

"No Layla...I love you and I will for the rest of the eternity's to come...I love how your eyes still sparkle...I love how your brave...I love when you sing....I love your laugh, and giggle....I love how you kiss me....i love how you get jealous....and well I guess what I'm trying to say is......." Vincent trailed off.

Vince pulled out a small box. And got down on one knee.

My eyes widened. Is he really?

"Will you Layla Marie Preston do me the honor of be Layla Marie Stone?" He smiled brightly up at me.

"Vincent I- I mean we're only teenagers, what's the rush?" I asked him.

"Your right were only teenagers...what's the rush...come on we are gonna be alive forever." He laughed.

I paused and thought about this...

Am I ready to be a Mrs. Stone?

-----

CLIFFHANGER 😱😱😱 don't hate me!!! Can't wait for ze next chapter!!

Sorry for any mistakes!!