Chapter 20

"Ok everyone! Tomorrow is a big, big day! So I want you all to be here 5:30 pm sharp!" Said the professor, pacing the stage. We all sat in the rows, tension filling up in the air. This was our first performance for the kids and if we mess up, all hell will break loose in the form of verbal abuse from the professor. We've been practicing for two months straight now and with the week between Christmas and New Year's, it's been total chaos.

"Alright. So I'll see you all tomorrow so sleep well and I know you all will do great!" She says before dismissing us to start with the last practice run of the entire play, costumes and everything.

"Alright, curtains rise and begin scene one with the Prince's boat!" Announces the professor. I search through my bag for my red wig, but it isn't there.

"Oh crap." I mumbled to myself. I take out my phone and quickly text Liam to bring my wig if he could. I drop it back in my bag and I rush over May, the costume designer, in a panic

"May, please tell me you have a spare wig somewhere please?" I asked rushed.

"What happened to yours?" She groaned handing the maid's costumes to the extra actresses who needed them.

"I've must of left it at home! Please?" I begged. I could hear the music in the background, and my part was coming up fast. She rolls her eyes and pulls out a shiny wine red wig. It's not like mine, which has a more natural, wood red look, but it will have to do.

"Thank you May! I owe you big!" I kiss her cheek and hug her tightly as she pushes me off annoyed. She has a cold shell but a big heart, as she hates to admit. I run up before the entrance, I hug my partner who's controlling the Flounder puppet and we wait for our cue.

"ARIAL?!?" Shouts the actor as King Triton. We run behind them giggling and playing our part as sneaking off to the abandoned ship. By the time we were in the fourth scene, where I talked to a puppet that supposed to be Scuttle, I could hear the entrance of the auditorium open, then close quietly. Liam walked in with a red wig in hand, quietly down the main walkway.

"A dingle hopper?" I said a few seconds off cue. The puppet went on as Liam walked behind the professor, her absolutely concentrated on stage. I point my finger to the entrance of backstage, hoping he gets it and continue with my lines. Thankfully, he got it and walked backstage and disappeared through the door. I went by, scene by scene, waiting for him to walk back out, but he doesn't. When it was just Jane's scene with the eels, I run quickly to find him and switch the wig. I check my stationed mirror, and the wig was there, but no Liam. I switch wigs quickly and ran around. No Liam.

I had to go back on stage so I went back. I turn the corner and see Vanessa. I tried to ignore her and walk past but it then saw that she had her noodle arms wrapped around someone's neck, her lips pressed against her victim's face.

And her victim?

None other than Liam Payne himself.

I felt as if a part of me shattered. Tears went down my face as they broke apart and look over to me. Liam's face dropped in recognition and pushed Vanessa off. He walks over to me and gently holds my arms on either side of me.

"Bri this isn't what it looks like." He started, but I just push him off, tears streaming down my face and straight on stage where they had been saying my cue five times already.

"Bridge what's wrong?" Whispered Alex as I cling on to him, pretending as if my legs were close to useless.

"Nothing, just keep saying your lines." I wipe off the tears and keep on going. I see Liam walk out and sit down on one of the seats. I ignore him the entire play.

Once the play was successfully practiced, the professor let us go. I just drop off my dress and run out of there and out to my moped.

"Bri wait!" Shouted Liam after me. I start my bike, but he runs in front and blocks me from moving. I glare at him through my helmet and then I get off, taking my keys and begin walking back to the auditorium. Alex was walking towards me with a smile. I take off my helmet and he continues to walk until Liam stops me.

"Bri listen to me! Please!" He begged.

"Liam let go of me now!" I struggled to get him to let go.

"Is there a problem here?" Alex caught up with us and stood next to me. Liam straightens up and glares at him.

"And who are you?" He glares at him intensely.

"Bridget's friend, do we have a problem here?" Alex towers over Liam by half a foot, but Liam seems not to care.

"No there isn't. Come on Alex." I walk past Liam with Alex behind me.

"Oh and Liam." I turn around and he looks over to me. "We're thru." I said coldly as I start to walk back to my moped and putting my helmet on. I get on the bike and check my mirrors. Liam stood there in the same place I left him, a tear falling down his cheek. Alex mounts motorcycle and puts on his helmet.

"Alright then Bridget, I'll see you tomorrow." Said Alex kindly.

"See you." I mumbled before speeding into traffic.

I didn't look back at him again my drive all the way home.

_____________________________

So what's going on guys? I've been stuck in the middle of no where (my grandma's farm in El Salvador) and will be stuck until like January 5? Anyways I'll be updating from my phone when I find wifi so is there is a lot of grammar and spelling mistakes, bear with me!

Comment and Vote Lovelies!

~Jen :|