Chapter 17: Unkown Numbers

{Liza's pov}

I woke up the next morning look at my bathroom mirror seeing the dry tears down my face and my clothes still wet when David spilled his drink on me from last night. I guess I never bothered to change. Then it reminds me what happened last night. I try not to make my self cry and start to think of happy thoughts. After a while of trying to do that I get a text message from an anonymous number.

#- hey Liza

L- who's this ?

#- funny story
#- it's David

My mind just goes blank and I put my phone down. I go to the bathroom and wash my face and get changed into something a little more comfy. I also do my make up and make my self a little breakfast. Cereal of course. After and hour of getting ready I cheek my phone and the first thing that pops up was Davids text messages. I text him back.

L- how did you get my number.

#- I told you it's a funny story. You took a long time to respond.

L- that still doesn't answer my question

#- it was Gabbie. I texted her this morning and I told her things. You came up in our conversation so I decided to ask her for your number since we are friends now.

After he texted me that I put him in my contacts as: David

L-well that's nice to know.

D- can I come over. I want to talk to you in person.

He wants to come over? I think to my self and I bite my lip trying to decide whether or not that's a good idea.

L- sure why not

D- great see you at 6 ?

L- yeah. Sure. See you then

I put my phone down and sit there looking at my breakfast. I push it aside and thinking how I just made a huge mistake. I lay on my couch and texted Gabbie

L- why did you give David my number.

G- he asked me for it. He has his reasons and you have yours

L-is there something your not telling me

G- no. Everything is fine. Nothing to hide here

L- ok well thanks a lot. Davids coming over.

G-that's good!! for you since you like him

L- I don't know anything any more. Yesterday you were drunk and you promised me you wouldn't bring me to any more parties, and David drove me home and he specifically said he would never want to date me. He doesn't know I like him. He probably will never like me.

G- no don't give up yet. Just see how this goes and maybe things will happen.

L- I doubt it

G- please...I'm doing this for you.

L-doing what for me?

G- you will find out later

L- your not helping

G- I'm not supposed too. Bye Liza I have to go. But good luck on tonight.

I put my phone down and make my way down stairs and go get some groceries. Hoping that tonight won't be so bad.

{Gabbie pov}

David had asked me for Liza's number and I know that both David and Liza like each other but it's taking me everything not to tell Liza that he likes her, but David already knows that Liza likes him. She's going to kill me once she finds out.

A/n: ok sorry I haven't posted. Sorry this a short chapter. And I hope you enjoy it. I'll be posting a better chapter tomorrow. 😌 I also haven't edited this so I'm also sorry for grammatical errors and spelling. And last but not least have a great night. Or day 🌚🌝