Chapter 23: Mistakes Happen For a Reason

{Liza's pov}
It's been a day I already got my stuff from Gabbie's apartment. David hasn't texted me, which means it is true, he was just using me to get over his ex girlfriends. Which brakes my heart even more. I shouldn't have poured my heart out to him. I decided to go to Starbucks, why not enjoy something for once that won't break my heart.

I enter the coffee shop and order my usual. I sit down and wait for my drink when I hear a familiar voice...not Davids. Hoping that it was him.

"Liza?!"  I turn my head around to see who it could be.

"Jake?"

He had dark skin and short curly hair, dark eyes, really tall. Not to mention...my ex boyfriend from high school. Not the one who cheated on me.

"Oh my...wow how have you been? Can I sit?"

I never had problems with him. We broke up because of an argument we had. I'm guessing he's visiting.

"Yes of course. how have you been?"

"I asked first." We both laughed and I went on

"Life has been great so far. My YouTube channel is doing great. I'm doing great, and you?"

"That's your job...being a YouTuber?" He ask

"Yes actually. I love entertaining people and small children. You haven't answered my question."

"Oh right... I'm actually doing really good. I have a degree in film now. That's why I'm here in LA. I never thought I would see you again."

"Me neither."

I hear my name being called out.

"Liza!!"

"Oh that's for me." I tell him

"I'll be waiting."

I got up to get my coffee and went to sit back down with Jake.

"So I'm guessing you still have that addiction to coffee?"

"What makes you say that." I take sip from my drink

"Oh...you know..." we both laugh and talk about how our lives, new beginnings.

"Well I got to go...it's getting kind of late." I say

"Yeah it is...maybe we should hang out again." He says and getting up

"Yeah. Sure I have nothing else to do. Meet me at my apartment?" I say giving him my address on a peace of paper and my phone number.

"Great. Is tomorrow night good?"

"Yes of course. See you tomorrow."

I start heading to my car and open my notifications I see a notification from David.

David: Liza I need to talk to you.

I Ignore it and start to get ready to get to bed. Yes. We took so long to talk that I went home and got ready for bed.

{Davids pov}

It took me so long to think how to ask Liza out to be my girlfriend. I texted her so I could meet up with her tomorrow night, but she wouldn't answer. So I decided to surprise her instead and going to her apartment tomorrow night with an apology.

|-The next day-|

{Liza's pov}

I think about David the next morning while drinking my daily doce of coffee. He probably just wants to talk about just being friends. I thought he liked me the way I liked him. I guess not so I don't bother to text him back.