Chapter 16: Unexpected Turns

{Liza's pov}
I quickly change out of my pjs and take an uber to the place Gabbie told me to go and finally arrive. It's another party. It's to late to call back the uber. I'm left on the street and took a deep breath and decided to go in. As soon as I get in I see two people making out on the couch. People playing ping pong. People yelling on one side. People drinking. Then I see Gabbie.

"Gabbi-" I yell but she cuts me off

"Before you say anything I just want to say how cute you look. Third of all..."

"Are you drunk-"

"You didn't let me finish....Davids looking for you." She says. It took me by surprise. I tried talk to Gabbie but she ended up leaving me. Again, like all the other party's.

"Wait Gabbie..."I say. She ignored me or she couldn't hear me. David is at this party. He's looking for me? But why?

I go to the restroom and relaxed myself before getting out. I just had to get away from everything and everyone. God how I hate party's. I walk out of the bathroom. I suddenly feel a cold liquid on my face and all over me. I look up to see who it was. David. There was a slight pause at the moment.

"Paybacks a bi-" he says with a smile

"Don't!...say anything." I say pushing him aside and start walking out the door but I feel his presence walking behind me.

"Oh come on Liza it was an accident. I didn't know you you were In there...wait." He says grabbing my arm.

I roll my eyes and try to wipe the drink he spilled on me.

"I'm not in the mood." I say looking down

"Sorry." He says

"....I forgive y-" I say lifting my head up looking into his eyes. I froze I just melted into his eyes.

"Liza?...yoo hoo?" He says waving in my face and smiling

"Sorry... I mean I forgive you..." I say shaking my head.

"So why are you leaving?" He asked

"I just don't want to be here... I hate party's...and don't you have somewhere to be?"

"Where would I be?" He asked

"You know with your girlfriend...Emily."

"Oh no I never thought it would work out...cause... you know what never mind."

"No...tell me."

"It's nothing I swear." He says

"What were you gonna say?" I ask

"It's stupid trust me....why do you care if we worked out or not."

"Geez can't a friend care about another friend." I say laughing 

That was a I lie. Now that I have feelings for him I was happy when he said that it didn't work out between them.

"Any way I'm going home." I say

"I'll take you home." He says and my eyes opened wide.

"No David go have fun. I'll take an uber."

"heck no. I'm not letting you do that."

"Since when did you care. I went in an uber here."

"Just get in the car." He said

"How do I know if your trying kidnap me." I say smiling

"Are you serious..." he says raising his eye brow. And laughing

"Fine...geez." I say rolling my eyes and getting in the car

I'm in his car and I put some music on so the car was not quite.

"Turn that down." He says putting the volume down.

"Hey that my favorite song." I say with a pouty face.

"Can we just have a conversation like two normal people."

"Is there anything to talk about because clearly I haven't done anything with my life."

"Well lets ask questions and see what kind of conversation we come up with."

"Ok I'll start first." I say

"Hit me."

"Why right now?"

"That doesn't count as a question." He says

"It's a question isn't it."

"Yeah bu-"

"It's a question. Just answer it!"

"Geez I just wanted to know more about you."

"Well next time you should say that first and you should be asking me the questions."

"Ok fine...where you from?"

"Houston Texas...anything else."

"Ok I'm not going to ask you any more questions cause clearly your being negative about it."

"Am I supposed to be more positive-"

"You really do hate me do you?" He says looking at me. And I stare back

"No...David...your making this really hard."

"Making what hard?"

"Nothing...it's nothing. Just forget about it. Turn left here."

He finally stops at my apartment.

"Woah you live in there." He says looking up to the building.

"Oh yeah you never visited my place...maybe I'll invite you over next time." I say getting out

"It's a date..." he says. And I look at him for a while getting out of the car and I feel myself start to blush.

"I was joking...like i would ever want to date you.....wait I didn't mean it like that...i meant..."

"It's ok David. Thanks for the ride and the drink." I say clearly talking about the drink he spilled on me, getting out the car and with out looking back.

"I didn't mean to hurt your feelings sorry!"

"It's fine David! I say opening the door to get up the building.

I walk up the stairs and I feel a tear run down my cheek. What he said made me feel insecure. It made me think why bother even liking David.

A/n: sorry I did not post today I might not post in a while. Blame school work and grades. But any way i want to thank you for 2k reads I'm so thankful and happy thanks giving !!! Have a nice and wonderful week and day.