chapter twenty-two

"Dude, what's this?" Ashton asked, showing me videos and pictures of when Arzaylea and I left the bus.

"Don't let us leave. We create drama."

"You create drama no matter what." Michael said and I rolled my eyes.

"No one was talking to you."

"Well this conversation involves me because that's Luke's girlfriend you're sneaking around with. Luke is my best friend." He told me and I ran a hand over my face.

"Sneaking around with? We just went shopping." I told him. "I like boys! B-O-Y-S! Boys! Does Arzaylea look like she has a dick to you?" I asked him.

"Watch who you're talking to-"

"Both of you stop it." Ashton said and I wanted to just punch Michael in the face. He had such a punchable face.

"Luke and Logan made up. Clearly, Logan likes guys more. Nothing is going on between him and Arz. No need to press the subject further. Stop it." Ashton told us and I shook my head.

"You tell him." I said and Ashton gave me a warning look. "Sorry." I muttered and Michael rolled his eyes.

"Where's Calum?" He asked, giving me a pointed look. I shrugged and then took a drink of my coffee.

"Call him?" Ashton offered and Michael said he wouldn't answer. "He had to, we have a concert tonight." He yawned, snatching my cup and taking a drink.

"Hey! Where's your mug?"

He pushed the white mug to me and I looked at it, seeing that it was empty. "Careful, you're gonna die if you drink too much coffee." I joked and he shrugged.

"At least I'll die energized." He told me and I rolled my eyes as Michael scoffed, leaving us alone.

"What's his problem? I know he hates me, but why does he gotta be a dick to you?" I asked and he shrugged.

"He had some issues." He said to me and I nodded as I ran a hand through my hair. "Help me wash the dishes?"

"Sure." I said and stood up as he finished my coffee. We took our plates and mugs to the sink, and I turned on the faucet.

"Ew!" He said and shook his hand as wet food touched his hand. I laughed and shook my head as I grabbed the sponge.

"Loser." I said and he flicked it at me. I screamed and wiped it off as he laughed at my voice crack. "It's not funny!"

"Yes it is!" He giggled and took the sponge from me, washing a couple of dishes.

I took water and splashed it at him when he turned to me. "You got soap in my mouth!" He said and spat into the sink.

"Melanie Martinez much?" I said and he nearly tackled me. He shut the sink off, leaving the dishes in the sink and I ran, accidentally hitting my side on the edge of the table.

Michael locked the door that led to the bunks, so I was trapped with Ashton in the front of the bus. He gave me a lopsided smirk and laughed as he realized I had no escape.

He came up to me and then splashed water on my face from his wet hand. "You alright?" He asked me and I shrugged.

"I feel like I was shot, it hurts." I said and he laughed as he raised my sweatshirt up. He examined the red spot and then looked at me.

"Ice it." He said and I jumped as his cold hand touched it. "My hands are feeezing."

"No shit." I breathed out, and I didn't realize how close we were until his eyes dropped to my lips, then back to my eyes.