chapter two

Logan's point of view

I blinked a couple times after putting in my contacts, looking at my green eyes. I clipped my piercing in place, a black ring over my eyebrow and two in the left corner of my mouth.

I pulled a black beanie over my messy hair and then a thin maroon hoodie on. My black skinny jeans and boots were already on, so I just grabbed my suitcases and went downstairs.

I sighed as I sat on a couch, wondering why I had to be stuck on a dumb tour with Luke and his bandmates. Michael and Luke seemed to hate me, though the other two seemed to like me, if not then tolerate me at least.

I checked my phone and put it on airplane mode before plugging my earbuds in. I put them on and a Notorius BIG song played. I slipped the device in my pocket and saw Michael come down.

"You're aware of how long this flight is, right?" He asked and I nodded. "You want to be stuck in skinny jeans that long?"

"Why not?" I said and he just shrugged, leaving me alone. I crossed my legs and yawned softly as we waited for the others to come down.

"You must have done something really bad for Liz to leave you with us." Michael told me and I shrugged. "What happened?"

"I spray painted a highway while high off my ass with some friends. I'm underaged so I was let off with basic stuff like community service. Liz decided to send me here." I said and he nodded as I scratched my jaw slightly, the slight stubble I was sporting itching like no tomorrow.

"Oh." He said and I played with my lip rings as we waited in an awkward silence.

-

"What kind of person brings a sketchbook and pen on board to a plane?" Calum asked as he sat beside me, watching me sketch out paradise.

"Me." I answered and he just watched me as I drew a picture of the perfect place, in my opinion.

There was a waterfall, lots of trees, a sun that sets behind the ocean, and no one was there. That sounds perfect to me.

"You're really good." He said and I looked at him. "What? Are you the kind of guy that needs 'no homo' after every compliment?"

"No I don't but um, thank you." I said and looked down at the paper. "No one ever complimented my drawing."

"Not even Luke?"

"Nope. I'm never home when he is, and when he wasn't famous, I was out and about with family members because I needed 'special' help." I said, making quotation marks with my hands

"Why did they think that?" He asked me as I let out an irritated sigh. It's not him that's irritating me (entirely), more of the fact that I keep messing up my drawing.

"Cause I was, in Ben's words, a fucking nightmare who always needed attention." I told him, my lip between my teeth as I lightly dragged my pencil in a circular motion near the bottom lift hand side, the basis of a rose bush.

"Ouch man. If my sister talked about me like that, I'd cry." He told me and I just shrugged.

"I don't really get hurt easily." I told him, pushing my pencil behind my ear as I closed the sketchbook. "It takes a lot to hurt me."

"I'd imagine." He said and I rubbed my eyes, a bit tired since we had to wake up at the asscrack of dawn for this flight. "You tired?" He asked me and I shook my head.

"Nah," I lied, leaning back. He pointed at my sketchbook, asking if he could see it, and I handed it to him.

He took it and began flipping through it. "I did that whole tripping on acid." I said and he rose an eyebrow at me. "The world is so much better when you're on drugs."