chapter twenty-three

"You're making a mistake."

"Stop telling me that. I can make my own desicions." She told me as she sat beside me on a plane.

I don't know how she got tickets to LA, seeing as we had the argument yesterday, but she did, and I was glad in all honesty.

"You don't need Luke, or Michael." She said and I shrugged. "They just don't understand."

"Or maybe it's you." I said and she was taken back. "Maybe you should have stayed with him because he's right. I'm getting with his friends and being childish."

"I don't think you get the big picture here." She told me and I looked at her in confusion.

"Explain."

"He's not mad you're getting with his friends, he's mad that they're paying more attention to you than him, even if it's negative. Fans are talking about you, media are talking about you and I, his friends talk about you to him, and it's all about you. He's mad that for once, it's not him." She told me but I refused to believe Luke was that self-centered.

As I thought about it, it actually made a lot of sense. He told me he was jealous of me and the attention I got... but would he really get this upset?

"I guess." I murmured and she smiled sadly. "There was so much drama. I'm actually sick of it."

"Trust me, there's not going to even half as much drama with Linds. You can launch your own art career here too. She knows people, trust me." Arzaylea told me and I just nodded as I yawned.

"I'm tired."

"Go to sleep. I'll wake you up when we land." She offered and I nodded as I leaned back in my seat. "I'm just going to listen to music."

"Sounds like a plan."

-

"Logan! Arzy!" She said and gave us hugs. "I missed you guys." She told us and I gave her a smile.

"Mind letting us stay for a bit? We had a fallout on tour, it was bigger than ever." Arzaylea said and Lindsay nodded.

"Yeah, I don't mind. I'll pour some drinks, order some food, and we can all talk about it." She said and I nodded.

"Thanks, means a lot." I said and she just shrugged, letting us walk into her apartment.

"Arz, you can sleep in my room if you want. I only have one extra room." She said, but Arz was already headed towards her best friend's bedroom.

"You better tell me everything that went down sir." She told me and I nodded as I played with my liprings.

"Can't promise it's the truth. There's three sides to every story." I said and she rolled her eyes. "Your point of view, their point of view and the truth."

"Alright Ghandi, go get your bags put away." She said and I nodded as she opened a door to a guest room.

I set my bags by the bed and then ran a hand through my hair, looking inside of a mirror that hung behind the door. I looked like death, like someone swooped down and hit me with an ugly stick.

I took my sweatshirt off, which was some old rag I usually wore when painting, and switched it for a plain grey t-shirt. I decided to keep the skinny jeans and boots on, too exhausted to take them off.

I pulled on a random black beanie and then laid down on the bed, glad to lay down on an actual bed. Hotel matresses and bunks on a tour bus don't work for me or my back.

I closed my eyes and then yawned, wanting nothing more than to sleep. But when the door slammed open, and Arzaylea was yelling at me if I preferred tequila with lime or straight on the rocks.