Chapter 8 - Execution

"Let's make it official" Jiyong said while we we're sitting on the bench in the middle of the rooftop of YG building. We we're rehearsing for the upcoming YG Family Concert and just decided to step out for a bit to get some fresh air.

"Huh? What do you mean let's make it official?" I asked, looking at him not completely understanding what he meant.

"Us, I think it's time for us to let the public know that we we're dating." He answered with serious expression written all over his face.

"I'm starting to hate other people pairing us up with every celebrity they could think of." He added.

"But Jiyong, as much as I want to do what you want, I can't." I told him while looking down at my lap playing the hem of my shirt in between my fingers.

"Why? I think we're ready for this. We've been dating for 5 years now." Jiyong reasoned out as he lifted my chin so I could look at him.

"Yes we are ready for this, but I'm not sure the girls are ready. You know what will happen once we go public. I don't think your fans will just accept the fact that I'm dating the man of their dreams. If they start bashing me like what some of them are doing now, the 2ne1 members may get drag into this. And I don't want that to happen. I can't bring them down with me. I'm sorry. But I don't think this is the right time."

"I understand you babe, but when will be the right time? We've been waiting for the right time to do this 2ne1 has already established its place not only in Korea but also internationally. I don't think you'll easily crumble with just a dating issue." Jiyong stood up from his seat and walk to the edge of the rooftop leaning his body against the railings.

I stood up as well and followed him. I wrapped my arms around his body and lean my face at his back. "I'm sorry Ji. But I don't think our fans we'll go easy on us once the news went out. Plus, there's a rumor about Bom circulating in the media. That rumor alone is enough to shake us up. The PR staffs are still finding a way to stop the rumor from spreading especially now that we're just starting to promote our new album. I hope you can understand Ji. Give us more time, hm.."

"We've been doing great hiding our relationship for years now and besides our fans already know about us, so what's more to say? We don't have to do this now Ji." I added

Jiyong removed my arms from his body and turned around to face me. He cupped my face with both of his hands and looks straight to my eyes. "Baby, aren't you getting tired of hiding? Don't you want to experience going out on a date with me not worrying about paparazzi? To do everything we wanted to do freely? And to stop pretending that we're single and available all the time?

"I do Ji, I do. But if hiding is the only way to protect our loved ones from getting hurt, from getting drag in our problem then maybe hiding is better." I answered him looking straight to his eyes as well trying to make him understand the situation.

Jiyong removed his hands off my face and place his hands on his hips while closing his eyes on the process. He lean his back against the railings and let out a deep breath.