Chapter 1: I Hate Love

Yoshi's P.O.V: 

School was going to start soon and my parents wanted me to study harder in order to get into a good university. I thought it was useless. No matter how hard I try, I'm never going to be the best, the smartest. I'll always be around average. Sometimes I get lower than average but... I'm still holding on tight.

~ding dong~

Someone was at my door and I went to open it. "Hey Kuroko." I smiled and saw him with his hands in his pocket. "Can I come in?" I nodded and opened the door. He walked in and jumped onto my sofa. "Why is Kuro-nii here?" I turned around and saw my little brother pop out from the top of the staircase. 

"He's just visiting. Go back to sleep." He nodded and left to bed again. I closed the door and sat beside Kuroko. He had a sketch pad on his lap and he wrote something on it. 

Yoshi... Did you know there's going to be a new girl this year?

"In fact... I didn't." I replied with. 

He ripped out the sheet and wrote something else on the next sheet. 

I heard she's already in town... She's pretty and smart << that's what I heard. Interested?

"N-NOT ONE BIT!" I shouted, forgetting my brother was sleeping. 

He chuckled and tapped my shoulder. "Cy@ at school tomorrow. Don't forget your binder this time. First day of grade 6, be prepared."

***the next day***

I walked out of the door, checking for all my belongings and I ran off to school. "Cya later bro. AND STAY INSIDE THE HOUSE!" I shouted as I ran off. He nods from the window and closes the curtains. 

"KUROKO!" I shouted at him and he tripped over his shoe lace. "What'cha doing?" I asked and I looked to the front. I saw her... The girl named 'Asuka'. The girl everyone's been talking about. I could barely see her though. There was a crowd of girls around her, not letting any guy look at her. 

Kuroko's P.O.V: 

I looked at Yoshi and I saw his face becoming redder by the instant. "I knew you'd fall in love with her~" I said as I slapped his back. Unfortunately, he tripped forward and rolled a bit. He ended up right in front of Asuka. 

I ran forwards and I saw her hand. She gave her hand to help him up. His face was still red. To be honest... I liked her... I met her at the airport. She was pretty. Perfect. But... I'm not sure what to do yet... I might wait to see what Yoshi says... if I ever tell him.

I ignored him and ran into the building to grab our schedule's. After that, the bell rung and Yoshi caught up. Class was... fun I guess. Our teacher was kind of strict. But she could be fun. She never picked on anyone and even if she did, she'd feel comfortable with us denying the offer. 

As soon as it was recess, I headed outside with Yoshi to play basketball like the old days. On the way out, we saw Hayato flirting with Asuka. They weren't in the same class as us so we didn't know what exactly was going on. 

By the looks of it... Yoshi didn't like it. 

"Yo Hayato!" I shouted at his direction. He smirked and waved at us. We walked over and he told us a secret. "I.Like.Asuka." He said. More like he declared to the world. His whispering skills were really bad. 

Most people in the yard heard and all I heard was "OHHHHHH~ HAYATO LIKES ASUKA~~~" I was... happy for him but at the same time... I thought about my own feelings... What should I do? I like Asuka but there's no way I could beat him. 

Yoshi grabbed my wrist and pulled me over to the boy's washroom. 

"Kuro... what do I do?"

"What do you mean?"

"Kuroko... I..."

"You... like Asuka..."

"Yes... And I need your help..."

"I... Can't..."

"W-Why?"

I couldn't find a great reason but I needed to say something... "I-I'm not... good with love... or any kind of relationships. After all, I've never been in one!! Hehe?"

"I just need you to be there for me... Kuroko... please..."

"Of course... I'd always give up everything for you..."

And that was... the biggest lie of my life. I really... really hated love...