Chapter Sixteen: Sweet talk won't cut it (Early update bec its my bday!nov26!)

BOBBY

I didn't sleep again- I was watching his stats all night until dawn. His breathing was okay, he wasn't palpitating. I check his oulse every now and then to see if it's beating fast or slow.

He'll be alright. My subconscious said.

I hope he does, I went to the kitchen and decided to cook breakfast.

I decided on sausages, scrambled eggs and toasted bread. I got out a jar of liquid caramelized sugar- Manny really knows what I love.

As I was cooking the sausage I brought out my phone and decided to order online the glow kit and the eye shadow palette Manny wanted. A few bucks wouldn't hurt as I looked around the condo- it was generous of him to pay the first few months of my stay.

I'll buy him something special for Christmas.

I then proceeded to cook, then I feel a hand slithering its way from my back to my stomach. "Good morning." A groggy voiced Julian said as he rests his chin on my shoulder.

"Good morning. You should be resting." I said.

"I want to stay in with you." He said.

"I can't- I have to go to work. It's already 6 in the morning-"

"It's okay to have it closed for the day." He said as he kissed my neck-

"Julian, I will hit you with a pan on the head if you don't stop." I threatened- I really don't want to burn the eggs and ger distracted.

He chuckled and pulled away, "I'd like to tease you more but I'm really hungry." He said.

I plated the food, and got two plates and two knives and two forks. I also opened the fridge to bring out the orange juice and I opened a cabinet and got two glasses-

"What's this?" Julian asks as he had the jar of liquid caramelized sugar.

"It's a jar full of magic." I said as I took a seat in front of him.

I got my toast and put some of the caramelized sugar on it and then followed by some scrambled eggs. I looked at him, "Turn off?" I asked.

He shook his head, "You're my mate, nothing will ever make my love for you lessen."

I could feel my cheeks get hotter and a few butterflies fly around in my stomach as he said those flowery words.

I took a bite, "Try it."

He did as I did and took a bite, he looked at me with wide eyes, "Damn!" He exclaimed and chuckled.

I laughed, "I told you... magic in a jar."

"I though you were just weird." He said as he chuckled, "but I love weird."

I smiled at him, "I called Mom and Alice." He said.

"Why? You told them what happened to you?" I asked.

"Nope." He said as he eats his toast. "I told them that you deserve a break. 48 hours, Barbara. You've been working non-stop. Think about your health, please."

"I'm sorry." I said. "I-"

He looked at me and I can feel myself melt. "Manny was right... you are a workaholic."

"Hey, it's because I needed the money."

"You don't need it." He said As he chews on the sausage.

"What are you on about? I need it."

"Besides the fact that you're really really intelligent. You're mated to me, I will take care of you."

"The won't be necessary." I said.

Every girl would love to hear that- but for me? It's like saying that I'm not capable of working on my own.

I get what he said and I get his point- I really do and I appreciate it.

"Barbara, I get it. I'm sorry for even saying it." He said all of a sudden.

"Did you just read my mind?" I asked him. He looked like he was a kid caught stealing a lollipop from a candy jar after he was told not to.

"Wha- How could you say such a thing?" He exclaimed.

I looked at him intently and then he sighed," A little bit, okay? I couldn't help but hear them since your thoughts are so strong that it was like shouting at me."

"How come I can't read yours?"

"If you develop reading minds...You'll see that it would always be you in it." He said.

"Sweet talk won't cut it." I said teasing him.

He smiled sheepishly. After we ate our breakfast, I cleaned the plates and Julian borrowed a towel and he stripped in the bathroom- how do I know? Because he went out with a towel draped around his waist showing his sculpted body that was now clear of any wounds or bruises and went to the laundry room then he went to the bathroom to take a shower.

After cleaning the plates and wiping the dining table, I went to my room to get my clothes that I would be wearing after taking a bath which is a white shirt and denim high waisted denim shorts.

After a few minutes, Julian was done and it was my turn to take a bath. I took my time since I had the day off, scrubbed my entire body. After I was finished I brushed my teeth and pat myself dry, I then wore my clothes and went outside and finged dried my hair.

I went to my room and saw Julian wearing a white shirt and a pair of boxers lying down the bed with the blinds still closed and was looking through my phone.

"For a really simple girl I didn't know that you liked make up?" He said.

"It's for Manny." I said, "I though I'd give him a present for always being thoughtful"

There was nothing to see in my phone anyway

I went to the unoccupied side of my bed, "If you're going to stay please let me sleep. I have to study later and stay up all night."

"Why are you so tired? Didn't you sleep with me?"

I shook my head, "I had to check your vitals and stats. Your pulse and everything to make sure you were alright."

Julian hugged me, "Thank you." He said then kissed the top of my head.

I then went to a deep slumber.