Chapter Seventeen: Can it be both?

BOBBY

I woke up and turned to the other side- Julian was sleeping soundly next to me, my head was lying on his arm. I could feel my cheeks get red as it dawned on me that it was my first time waking up with a boy in my bed-

"Good morning." He says his eyes still closed.

"Morning?" I said and looked at my phone. "It's the afternoon."

It was the first time that Julian and I were talking to each other because whenever we work he was always avoiding me-

"Why do you avoid me at work?"

He opened his eyes and looked at me, "Because if I don't help myself I would have kissed you right then and there- you wouldn't understand anything about mates because... well, because you're human." He said.

"Now, I'm really curious as where you've learned about werewolves." He said again. "Because you are so chill about it that I'm scared how you found out."

"Would it be weird that I knew because I encounted Vampires before?"

"Ohh the group of Vampires." He said.

"How did you- wait a second!"

I remembered a loud growl- I looked at him, "Are you-"

"Yes." He answered.

"You growled at them." I said.

He nodded, "Mom always said that you liked to walk when you feel like you're near home."

"So, you stalk me?"

He looked surprised at the use of words and said defensively- if I might add, "Stalk?! That's such a strong word!"

I laughed, he looked cute being defensive.

"Is that really how you found out about werewolves?"

"Well, sort of." I said unsure if I should tell him about the dream. Well, it is kind of nonsense if you ask me so I won't tell him yet.

"How do you know about mates?" He asked.

"Well, Alice sure talks a lot of her soulmate. Then there's Trent who talked about imprinting on me for years-"

I could see Julian's facial expression turning into a scowl.

"What?"

He shook his head, "Nothing, I'm just glad that you're mine."

"I have a friend-" I looked at him, "Is it weird that I'm friends with a Vampire?"

"You're friends with a vampire?!"

"Yes, he doesn't hurt me." I said.

"It's a he?!"

"Yes."

"You cannot be friends with them, Barbara. They'll use compulsion on you and-"

"It doesn't work on me."

"What?"

"Compulsion doesn't work on me. That's what Marcus said."

He still looked around my body, "What are you doing?" I asked.

"Looking for marks." He said.

"I told you it doesn't work on me." I said.

"If I find a bite mark on you I will decapitate their heads and burn their body in a furnace-"

"Are you really looking for bite marks or are you just using that as an excuse to touch me?" I asked.

"Can it be both?"