Chapter Fïfty-Øñë: Ståy Wïth Më

Zoey felt something touch her back. Something warm and firm. She looked back as it tightened. It was his arm. She looked up. "Its not your fault." His voice was cracking. "J-Josh?!" Zoey immediately teared up more. "Don't cry bubblegum girl." He tried smiling. "Oh my god!" She hugged him. "Ah." He winced. "Oh I'm sorry!" She cried. "Hey hey it's okay." He hugged her. Zoey kissed Josh. He kissed her back. He smiled as he wiped her tears. He saw her bandage on her eyebrow. Josh rubbed it gently. "Are you okay?" He asked frowning. "I am now." She hugged him carefully. "What happened?" He asked. "You...don't remember?" She asked. "No." He shook his head. By the look on her face he could tell she did clearly. "You don't have to-" "We got into an accident. On the way back." She sniffed. "Oh." He looked down. "I remember it all. Your last words, the piercing sound of the metal, seeing the car flip, everything going black. Josh I woke up in the car. Upsidedown. I saw you and-" She began crying. "You were unconscious. Bloody as hell-" "Shhh. Don't." He pulled her into his arms. He glanced seeing his cuts. So many. "What do you remember?" She asked. "Your smile actually. That's it. It went black afterwards." He kissed her head. "How longs it been? A day?" He asked. Zoey frowned. "No. Week." She said quietly. His eyes widened. A week?! "What?" He didn't think he heard that right. "Yeah..I was out for three days. You've been out for a week." She couldn't stop the tears coming. "I'm okay though." He smiled at her. "You're awake." She smiled. It was the first genuine smile she had in days. He held her tightly. "I'm so happy you're okay Zoey." He kissed her head with no regard for what happened to him.

Josh examined her face. "You're so beautiful." He smiled. She blushed and nuzzled him. Tyler walked in and dropped his phone. "J-Josh?!" His eyes widened. "Hey Ty." Josh waved. "Oh my god! Dude!" He ran over and hugged him. "I'm gonna get Jenna." Zoey hesitantly got up. "I'll be right back Josh." She kissed him, his cheek, his head, his hand. "Zoey I'm not leaving. Go on. But hurry back." He grinned. She smiled sniffing and ran out.

"Oh Josh. You scared us half to death." Tyler smiled. "Nah just a scratch." He shrugged. "Shut up." Tyler snickered. "I need to talk to you though..not that I wanna put pressure on you but you need to speak with Zoe." He looked down. "What? Why?" He raised a brow. "Shes...depressed. Ever since she woke up and saw you. Josh its bad. She literally hasn't eaten or drank since she's woke." He explained. "W-what??" Josh sat up slowly. "She faked eating and she hasn't slept. When she was in your arms was the first time. She wouldn't leave your side or anything. Shes scaring me Josh. I almost got a doctor." He frowned. "Oh god Zoey." Josh covered his mouth. He went to run his fingers through his hair when he felt his bandage. He felt around his head. "Oh wow." He raised his brows. "It doesn't hurt?" Tyler asked. "Not really." He shrugged. Zoey walked in. Josh looked at her closer and saw what Tyler meant. Her bags, her pale skin, red eyes. Josh furrowed his brow. "What- oh Tyler you didn't." She looked at them. "Zoey.." Josh frowned. "Tyler why did you say something?!" She cut him a look. "Because you're scaring me!-" "Stop. Both of you. Zoey come here." Josh opened his arms. She walked over and hugged him. "Tyler give us the room please." He glanced at him. Tyler nodded and walked Jenna out.

"Why aren't you eating or drinking?" He looked at her. She frowned. "Zoey." He said firmly. She looked up. Josh had his brow furrowed. "I'm sorry." Her voice cracked. "Its just..." She got quiet. "Talk to me baby." He kissed her forehead. "I couldn't. I didn't wanna drink. I didn't wanna eat. All I wanted was to make sure you were okay. Every time I closed my eyes I saw the accident. I pictured you dying. Josh I was terrified." She cried. "Afraid I wouldn't wake up or more importantly, if I slept...when I woke you'd be gone."

Josh's heart ached as he heard that. "Awe baby." He held her close. "I would never leave you." He kissed her head. "Please eat something. Right now." He lifted her chin and kissed her. Zoey held the side of his neck and kissed him back. He didn't wanna break it. He could kiss her all day. "You need to drink and eat something." He broke it. She hugged him. Tyler brought back water, soda, and a sand which. He handed them to Zoey and left. "There. Eat. Please Zoey." Josh begged. "Okay." She nodded. Josh watched in relief as she did just that. "I love you." He rubbed her hand as she drank. "I love you too." She grinned. He teared up. "What's wrong?" She asked. "I just really love you is all." He smiled. "Josh." She smiled and kissed him. "Kiss me again." He said softly. She giggled and kissed him again. "As soon as I'm better, let's start discussing a date for the wedding." He smiled. Her face lit up. "Okay." She finished her water and began the soda.