Chapter Sëvëñtëëñ: Dåñcïñg Wïth Hër

"That's awesome!" Josh smiled. "Right! I'm so happy for her!" Zoey spun around. "So GameStop right?" He asked. "Yes sure." Zoey finished off her drink and threw it away.

They walked further down towards the GameStop in the mall. As they got closer the train came by. In the mall they had this little train they drive around for the kids. It stopped for people to get get off and Josh smirked.

"M'lady?" He smiled and gestured her to the train. "What?" She laughed. "Come on." He hugged her. "Alright." She kissed him and they walked over. Josh helped her on it and sat down next to her.

He put his arm around her as the ride started. It was a little faster than Zoey anticipated which made her laugh. "You're so cute when you laugh." Josh moved her hair behind her hair. "Me?" She leaned on Josh. "Have you seen yourself laugh?" She put her hand on his chest. Josh's heart skipped a beat when she touched him. Zoey looked up in his eyes. "You're the cute one. Your eyes get all squinty and your dimples when you smile are everything." She smiled getting lost in his eyes. Josh started to blush as she inched closer to him. "And your smile is so, so bright and warm. It can melt the coldest of hearts and" Zoey went on about him and he had no idea she felt so strongly for him. She put her hand on his neck playing with his pink ducktails continuing. It made his heart flutter to hear her say all that.

Josh leaned forward and kissed her. They have only been together for less than 24 hours and he was already in love. It was like they've been together for years and they way he felt when she looked at him. All Josh could wonder was why in the hell didn't he ask her out sooner. He put his hand on her waist and pulled her closer as they kissed.

Zoey never thought a kiddy train ride through the mall could be so romantic and lovely. The kiss broke when the train stopped for more people to get on and others off. As they let go they looked into each others eyes. You could see the love and passion in Josh's eyes and Zoey couldn't believe how lucky she was.

They got off and walked into GameStop holding hands. Josh let her lead the way as she wandered over to the ps4 games. "Let me know if you see Until Dawn." Zoey told Josh. "Alrighty." He started scanning the games still holding her hand.

Zoey seemed disappointed once she stood up. "Guess they dont have it." Josh was still looking. Zoey turned around still holding his hand. Still looking Josh stopped when Zoey squeezed his hand. It wasn't just any squeeze, this was a terrified squeeze. Josh quickly turned around holding her hand tight. He looked at Zoey who was frozen.

"Are you ok?" Josh looked at her for a response. She didn't answer. Her eyes were wide and teary. Josh put his hand on her cheek. "Zoey? Baby?" He was waiting for a response. She opened her mouth to close it. Josh looked in the direction she was to see a man going through games. He didn't recognize him but by Zoey's terrified expression she did. Josh stood in front of her blocking her view of the man. "Who is he?" He made her look at his eyes. "He-he-h" Zoey struggled. Josh had a worried look on his face and before he knew it Zoey ran out of the store. "Zoey!" Josh ran after her.

"Nope. No. No. No." She shook her head trying to get away fast. Zoey forgot how fast Josh was because in a matter of seconds he grabbed her and pulled her into a hug. "Talk to me baby." He looked in her eyes. "He's my ex." She looked away. "What happened?" Josh rubbed her arms because he noticed it seemed to calm her. "He used to.." She started and shook her head. "What?" Josh saw the pain in her face. Zoey pulled her shirt off her shoulder to reveal a scar and then carefully lifted the side of her shirt to reveal faded, but, another scar on her side. She fixed her shirt and sighed. "Oh my god. Zoey." Josh pulled her close to him. "I haven't seen him in 3 years but.." "I understand. You don't have to be afraid anymore though." He lifted her chin. "I will never do anything like that. I would kill myself before I did. God forbid him or anyone tried to harm you, I'd be in jail." Zoey could see the anger in his face. "I will never let anyone hurt you Zoey." He kissed her. Zoey believed him. She saw how pissed he was and his genuine concern.