16

(Nickolas)

What the hell?! What is going on?!!

He had woken from a strange sound when he realized that he couldn't see anything and he was being restrained.

"Hmfp! Hmphm!" He tried to speak but there seemed to be duck tape on his mouth.

Then, all of a sudden, the blindfold was removed and with a quick rip, so was the duck tape.

All he saw was a spotlight but that was all he needed to recognize the person tied under it.

"Dani?" He whispered.

She made a face. "Net. Menya zovut ELAIR. Kto ty, chert voz'mi?"

"What?" He whispered breathlessly.

"Ahhh. You see, that isn't the Danielle you once knew." A gray bearded, nicely dressed, man walks into the view.

He had a bit of a Russian accent. "Who are you?" Nickolas asked.

"I am Atvon. Atvon Petrov. The leader of the Russian mafia."

Nickolas felt a chill go down his spine but hid it with a glare.

"Why did you kidnap Dani and why am I here?"

The man walked over to him and got close to his face. "Elair is a very important person to me. And before I had her brainwashed, not by choice might I add, she said your name before she passed out."

He clenched his fists around the ropes. His teeth were so clenched that they started to hurt really bad.

"Why is Dani so important to a leader of the Russian mob?"

He paused before answering. He leaned away from his face and said, "Danielle is so important to me because-"

A man barged into the so-called-room that they were in and light from the outside world followed him inside.

"Sir. There has been some trouble with the Mr. Cauiz. He says that he would like to speak to you." The young boy had stated calmly yet sternly.

Atvon sighed. "Okay. Thank you son."

"Son?" Nickolas asked incredulously.

The boy and Atvon had snapped their heads to him. They had forgotten he was in the room.

"Father? Who is this man?" The boy asked curiously.

Atvon rubbed his temples. "No one you are going to meet Alexei, so why don't you run up to Mrs. Rebecca and ask her how dinner is going?" He asked softly.

The boy made a small salute. "Yes sir!" And with that he ran out of the room and the light left with him.

Atvon chuckled and turned back to Nickolas.

"You didn't answer my question." He said with gritted teeth.

Atvon made a noise, then pulled a chair up. "How about I make you a deal? I'll answer this question, but, you answer one of my own."

He thought about it, sighed, then reluctantly agreed. "Alright. What is your question."

Atvon leaned forward in the chair. "What were you to Elair?"

Nickolas leaned his head back and said painfully, "A short term boyfriend."

"Okay, that complicates things, but, what was your question son?"

He cleared his throat. "Why is Dani so important to you?"

"Elair is so important to me because she is my daughter."

••••

Hey everyone! Sorry I haven't been updating alot recently but I have been very busy but trying not to forget my faithful readers. So don't worry, I will try to update soon. Luv ya! ❤️