22

(Dani)

We are so sorry, Miss, but we couldn't save him. He gave up his will to live." The doctor said softly.

She put her head down and said a prayer. May you go to Heaven dad before the devil finds out that you're dead.

"Thank you for trying." She says while a small tear falls down her face.

The doctor reached over and wiped it. But, he leaned closer to her face.

"Um, sir?" She asked.

Then he started to lean in. She made a really weird, disgusted face.

Then the men's bathroom that they were next to slammed open.

They both froze.

Nickolas came out while zipping his pants. "Damnit! This stupid bitch won't close!" When he finally got the zipper to zip, he saw the doctor close to her.

His face twisted in rage.

"You son of a bitch! Back da fuq out of my girlfriend's face!" He said while slightly pushing her out of the way to switch positions.

The doctor looked scared. Nickolas was quite big and intimidating when he wants to be.

"I was just telling her that her father died, and we couldn't save him." He says, still looking scared.

Nick's face softened and he ran to her to comfort her. It is gonna be alright, okay?" He whispered in her ear.

She nodded her head. "Yeah I know. But now we have to tell the mafia that I-no, we, are taking over." She says with a gentle smile.

He nods. "Yeah, let's go." They walk hand in hand out of the hospital.

Then they went back to the Mafia's facility.

She walked into Atvon's office and used his intercom.

"Attention members of The Russian Mafia. Please go down to the eating area for an important announcement."

***
She was standing on a silver bleacher, with Nickolas beside her and more than 500 men and woman surround her.

"As you may know, your old leader, has died. He had a terrible heart problem which caused him to die earlier on in the day. And, being his daughter, he told me his dying wish: for me to take over the family business. And I want you to know that I accept. And I am your new leader."

Everyone claps loudly.

"Thank you. And there will be changes. Changes that my father couldn't make. So be prepared and my co-leader is my boy-"

"Husband." Nickolas interrupted.

I laughed slightly. "Husband, Nickolas Masquez. Treat him with the same respect you treat me with. Now, get to work people." She looked down to see Nickolas beaming at her.

"Husband, Nickolas? Really?"

He nods. "Yes really." Then he gets on one knee and pulls out a black case.
***

This was the last chapter guys! The real last chapter is the epilogue. Thank you guys so much for sticking with this book! It means so much and now I have so much more experience then I did when I started. So, I have been working really hard on the sequel to make it good enough for you guys. So, please check out, The Quiet Girls' Guarded Heart! It would mean alot n thank u for reading this really crappy book, but the sequel is good enough for your beautiful eyes! P.S I am in such a good mood cuz I got a A on my English test lol. Have a great day! Love you!