Sickly

Anna (Pre-Relationship)

"Chrom... what are you doing?" I ask as my best friend sets up some things at my bedside. I cough.

"I'm taking care of you, that's what." He answers.

"You don't have to-" I'm cut off as I move into a coughing fit.

Chrom sighs "I do. You're not used to this kinda thing. Your body and mind are yet to accommodate for the sickness. I'm here to help you out, and make sure you don't freak out or get scared like before. This happens to everyone." He says, placing a wet cloth on my head.

I cough again "but I don't want to get you sick..." I say.

Chrom laughs "That won't be a problem. Lissa cast a spell on me to prevent me from getting sick. I'll be fine." He says.

I groan a little "Don't you have better to do then taking care of your sick tactician?" I ask.

"Nothing is more important than my sick tactician right now. Look, it's a slow day, and nothing is happening. Besides, if something comes up, Frederick will take care of it. You need to stop focusing on the bad things, and relax. That is an order." Chrom says, smirking.

I roll my eyes "Fine-" I move into another coughing fit.

"Oh boy, you got it bad."

...

"Here comes the wyvern!" Chrom says as he try's to spoon feed me pudding.

"Chrom stop." I say.

"Less taking, more eating! You need to build up your strength!" He says.

"SPOON FEEDING ME ISN'T REALLY HELPING!" I yell.

Chrom smirks and chuckles "You're too weak to do it yourself! Now, just let me do this." He says, moving the spoon closer to my mouth.

"This is so weird..." I groan.

"How so?" He asks.

I frown "What's NOT weird about this! You've been sitting at my bedside all day, and taking care of me. Why?" I ask.

Chrom chuckles "I already told you. And, if I was sick, where would you be right now?" He asks.

I think for a moment "Well... I'd probably be sitting with you, and taking care of you... oh." The realization finally hits me.

He smirks "Exactly! This is what friends do. Even if it's a bit weird." He says.

I laugh "Point taken. Sorry, I'm just not used to this kinda treatment. Or... I am but... don't remember..." I mutter.

Chrom frowns "Hey, don't think like that. We all get sick. In fact, I won't be surprised if you have to do this to me sometime. Just relax, and let me take care of things, ok?" He requests.

I sigh in defeat, and nod "Very well. I won't complain or get somber anymore. I promise." I say.

Chrom smiles "Good. Now, open wiiiiiide!" He says, moving the spoon closer.

"CHROM!!!"