Sledding

Anna (Pre-relationship)

"This is a terrible idea, Chrom!" I exclaim as my best friend sets up the half of a hollow log on a snow slope.

"It'll be fine, Anna! I've done this hundreds of times before in the past! Trust me, it's fun!" He exclaims.

I get in my normal sassy, no-nonsense pose, with my arms crossed and my hip popped "Uh huh...and how many of those hundreds of times have you broken something? Including bones?" I ask.

We stare at each other for a minute "... It'll be fun! Nothing says Winter like sledding!" He exclaims.

"Chrom, it's Autumn."

He sighs "Well its basically eternal Winter up north! C'mon, we won't have a chance to do something like this for another few months when it's winter in Ylisse!" He explains.

I sigh "Are you sure this is a good idea?" I ask.

He nods "Yup! Perfectly safe! Sort of... Look, sledding down a snow mound on a log is my childhood! Didn't you ever........." He stops are stares at my agitated face.

"No, no I didn't. Not that I would know." I says.

He looks away sheepishly "R-right... SO, shall we get started?" He asks.

I look at him "Chrom, what is the real reason why you want to do this?" I ask.

He kicks the snow beneath him "Well... I really enjoyed doing these things as a kid and, well, I've never had a friend like you before. So, whenever we do random things together, I feel like a kid again! I know now is not the time to feel that way because of the war and stuff, but, even I need a break sometimes, you know?" He asks.

Gods damn you and you puppy dog face Chrom! "Grrr, fine! Let's do this! I can't say no to that face!" I admit.

He brightens up "You will? YES! C'mon, I'll show you how to do this!" He says.

...

"That went, exactly as I thought it would." Chrom says.

I growl, and turn away from him.

"Anna? Are you mad at me? You're mad aren't you?" He asks.

"Hmpf."

"ANNA! I'm SORRY! Please talk to me again!" Chrom pleas.

I turn to him "OK THEN! SO YOUR PLAN WAS TO CRASH THE SLED AND FLY OFF INTO THE SNOW AND END UP WITH A BROKEN ARM?!" I shout.

He sheepishly smiles at me "Hehe, well, you're the only one with a... broken arm... I only have a few deep cuts..." He says, gesturing to a bandage on his torso. We are both laying on cots in the Medical tent. Chrom only has a few cuts, but I have cuts AND a broken arm.

I give him the death stare.

"Chrom."

"Yeah Anna?"

"Shut up."

"Fair enough."

It's silent for a moment.

"Soooooo, how's your arm feeling?" Chrom asks.

I lift it a little, wincing in pain "It still hurts. Your sister will be back soon to mend it back together, right?" I ask.

"Yeah, she'll be back soon. Just hang tight for a little while." He replies.

I let out a loud sigh "Ugghh, Frederick will NEVER let us hear the end of this!" I complain.

Chrom returns my sigh with one of his own "You got that right. He's been trying to tell me that you're a bad influence on me. Please if anything, we're bad influences on each other!" He exclaims.

I laugh "Haha, yeah... I forgot which one of us is the bad one!" I say. "Chrom?"

"Yeah?" He replies.

"Let ME do the thinking in this friendship. I am your tactician for a reason." I request.

Chrom laughs "Indeed you are. And yeah, that's probably a good idea. For both my health, and yours." He says.

Just then Lissa walks in "Alright, I got the Mend right here! Stay still, Anna. This will hurt. A lot." She says.

I brace myself for the pain, but before Lissa starts, Chrom slips his hand into mine. "Go ahead. She's ready." Chrom says.

I stare at him "Chrom..."

"This is all my fault. Please, let me bear some of the pain." He insists.

I think for a moment, and nod to Lissa.

The gem on Lissa's staff glows, and my bones begin to mend themselves together. I scream out in pain, and squeeze Chrom's hand. "AHHHHHHHH!!!!"

And just like that, it's over. I collapse in exhaustion, and begin to fall asleep.

"Is she ok?" I faintly hear Chrom ask.

"Let her rest, and she'll be fine. And don't do anything stupid with her again, big brother!" I hear Lissa say, then she leaves.

I'm still holding Chrom's hand. "Heh." He mutters before we both drift off to sleep.