Christmas

Chrom (Modern AU)

Everything is perfect. The fire is roaring. The food is set out. The guests are interacting. The only thing I can't see, is Anna. I walk around, looking for her and asking if anyone else has seen her.

I end up finding her in our bedroom, staring at her phone.

"Hey." I say, closing the door.

She looks up "Hey." She looks back down at her phone.

I sit down next to her, and snatch her phone. "Hey!" She shouts, reaching for her phone.

I hold I out of her reach "What are you doing in here? The party is going on downstairs. It's rude to not address the guests." I say.

Anna sighs "I know... I just needed a minute to myself." She says.

I place my hand on hers "Is something wrong?" I ask.

Anna stares into my eyes "Are you happy?"

"What?"

"Are you happy?" She asks again.

I look at her, dumbfounded "Yes, of course! Why wouldn't I be?" I ask.

She sighs, and looks down "Because... I-I wanted to make this the best Christmas ever to you! Everything we have done up until this point has gone smoothly. But... I still wonder if I've done enough! You're so used to fancy Christmases, but all I've done is make it... well... normal..." She says.

"Anna..."

I pull her into a hug, earning a surprised squeak. "You have made this the best Christmas in my life! I don't care if it's not the extravagant and fancy Christmases I'm used to. That's why I love it so much! You've introduced me to a whole new way to celebrate the holidays! And I couldn't be more happy!" I say.

She stays still for a while, and finally sighs "I love you.." She mumbles.

I press my lips against her head "I love you too..."

We hold each other for awhile.

"Merry Christmas, Chrom."

"Merry Christmas, Anna..."

__________________________

And it's done! I want to thank you all for reading this, and all the support you gave it. It really has been fun writing this! I plan to do another thing like this in February, so look out for that! Once again, I want to thank you all! And though the prompts have ended, there is still one more update that will be posting on New Years Eve! If you liked reading the modern AU tidbits, then go ahead and read my Modern AU fic, Fire Emblem Awakening: Parallel Word, and cheaply out my main fic, Fire Emblem Awakening: My Story! Thank you all, so much, and I hope you all have a merry Christmas!!! <3

Currently listening to: How To Be A Heartbreaker: Marina and the Diamonds