Chapter 4

I quickly shut the door behind me before Niall can notice Luke kneeled down in the hallway. Awwuh, Luke looks kind of cute. No, stop that. His smile disappears as he sees my scowl. Guiltily, I try to smile back as he stands up.

"Is something wrong?" He asks curiously as he brushes back a stray strand of my hair. I stop his hand and sigh as I place it back to his side.

"Well, what am I suppose to do when someone I met last night just comes knocking on my door dressed like this? Not to mention the only things I know about you are your name and the fact you're a complete jerk. So, I'm sorry Luke, but you should just... Leave." The last word escapes my mouth in a whisper. I don't even know if he heard it, but my question is answered when his face droops even more. My heart shatters at the look he gives me. He looks like a lost puppy, but I push the thought aside and hold my ground.

Luke looks at me and something changes in him. He drops the flowers down to his side and comes closer. "Blakely..." He trails off as he sees that I'm staring at the floor, trying not to look at him. Luke tilts my chin up to do so. I close my eyes as he whispers my name again. The smell of mint mixed with the stale scent of smoke falls off of his breath. But this time I do look up, and his eyes seem to freeze me on the spot. "I lost you once, I refuse to make that mistake again," he whispers against my slightly parted mouth. Luke's lips gently brush against mine, and the electricity that jolts through my body almost makes me jump.

He starts to lean in and about the time our lips touch the door to my dorm room opens.

LUKES'S P.O.V.

As soon as the door opens, Blakely jumps back about a foot and looks nervously at the door. A guy with dirty blonde hair with blue tips at the end of it walks out of the door with a curious look set upon his face. The almighty Niall Horan. "H-hi Niall," Blakely stutters as she rubs her arm up and down. Niall walks over to her and slides his arm around her waist, no doubt trying to test me. Not a good idea.

He glares at me with ice colored eyes. Niall definitely doesn't seem like a good guy for Blakely. They just don't fit right. "Who's this?" Niall asks with great curiosity and a clenched jaw. He knows exactly who I am.

"This is.... Luke," Blakely says quietly as if she's afraid. She buries her head into Niall's chest, and jealousy shoots through my body. Niall tenses at the sound of my name but smiles once he sees my clenched jaw and fists. He kisses Blakely on the forehead trying to provoke me. That's it.

I lunge at him, but I don't even get to lay a finger on Niall because he slams me against the wall. "Don't come near her ever again," he whispers so only he and I can hear. I struggle under his grip, but he doesn't move. I feel embarrassed that I can't seem to get out of his grip, but I manage to land a kick to his shin. Niall doesn't even provide so much as a flinch as a reaction.

Blakely gently touches his shoulder, and he immediately lets go of his grip on me as he turns back to her. His arm goes back around her waist. "Luke I think you should leave now," she whispers as she stares at the floor. I feel hurt at her reaction, but I decide it's best if I do as she tells me. I nod and start to leave.

As I make my way towards the exit my shoulder brushes against Blakely's. A jolt of electricity courses through my body again at our contact, and I wonder if it does the same for her. Before I leave I lean down and whisper into her ear so that only she can hear me.

"I refuse to lose you again."

.************.

BLAKELY'S P.O.V.

"Why was he here!?" Niall demands as soon as we walk back into my dorm. He's fuming with anger, and that scares me. Especially after he was able to slam Luke against the wall. I hesitate before answering.

"I-I don't know ..." I stutter. Niall begins to pace around the small living room clenching and unclenching his fists. All of a sudden, his fist collides with the beige wall. I gasp and run over to him. I take his fist and straighten it out. When he looks at me I notice his eyes don't seem friendly. Instead they look like ice.

Niall raises his hand and I flinch back, afraid. I don't feel any contact, so when I look up Niall looks utterly and completely hurt. As if I had told him I told him hated him and to never even look at me again. That's when I notice all he did was brush a piece of my hair back away from my face. I really need a hair pin.

He steps back and looks down at his hands. "You thought.... You thought I was going to hurt you?" He whispers. My eyes go wide as I notice his eyes begin to tear up. I walk over to him and wrap my arms around his torso. I barely hear Niall's sniffles above my own. "I would never ever hurt you. Ever. Okay?" He informs me.

"What you did to Luke scared me..." I whisper hoping he can't hear me. But he did, and he tilts my chin up to look at him.

"I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to scare you. It kills me to think of you being afraid of me," Niall replies. My eyes gaze into his blue ones that have returned back to their normal shade as he leans down and places a soft kiss on my forehead. "I would never do that because... Because I think I love you, Blakely."