Chapter 26

LUKE'S POV

(Sixteen days; four hours)

Jason m and Robert get out of the car, their eyes widening in victory at the sight of all the boys and me.

"Well, well, well. What do we have here? Déjà vu for anyone else? No? Just us? Well then." Jason claps his hands together. "What are we waiting for? Of course, only one of us can live. Between Luke and I that is. Poor kid just had to save the stupid girl. Should have just let me run her over." He shrugs his shoulders and continues to walk over to us.

By this time Niall has joined them outside. Then a few more people walk out. Two of them are girls. They planned this perfectly. I hear noise behind me and realize two things.

1) They are missing one person.

2) Blakely is awake.

But that one person I underestimated has grabbed her. His right hand holds her by her waist while his left is clasped over her mouth.

"Luke. We can do this the easy way. Just come with us and no one gets hurt. We won't touch your pretty little play thing. She's too weak to take care of herself anyways." I look around at all of the faces. Calum and Ashton stand behind me and Michael and Louis stand behind them. Angered shows in every single expression.

"Luke. We can do this." Ashton says. I know everyone one would be safer if I just went with Jason. Just as I step forward I hear and ear-piercing scream.

I turn around to see Blakely standing there holding a knife. Her captor lies on the ground holding his knee. "Now who's the idiot who said I was too weak to handle myself?" she says, twirling the knife in her hand.

She walks over to me and takes my hand into hers. I take in her appearance in case I never see her again.

She's wearing a Batman shirt with light skinny jeans. Her Converse lace all the way up to her knees and her brown ponytail shows faint blonde. "I love you," I tell her as I kiss her cheek.

"You say it like it's the last time we'll ever see eachother," she replies smiling. I didn't think it was possible to smile at a moment like this, but she gives me hope.

"Listen. If things get bad I want you and Liza to take my car and leave. Go get help. The cops. Just stay safe. I couldn't live with myself if I knew that I had gotten you hurt."

"Luke. I'm not going anywhere."

At this moment Jason is standing right in front of me. "Well I hate to interrupt this touching moment, but what are you waiting for Lucas?"

"The advantage," I reply smugly as I kick him in the knee, him falling to the ground. Chaos breaks out around me. There are eight of us and six of them. One of their people have run off into the woods. Liza is handling herself pretty well. Blakely and another girl stand there bickering.

By this time Jason has gotten up. He swings out and his fist collides with the air where my head was seconds before. My elbow catches him in the stomach, making him lose his breath.

Louis and Robert continue to quarrel like there is some kind of unsolved hatred there. Niall runs off into the woods holding his jaw and knee as Ashton smiles in victory. Josh is no where to be seen.

Us: 7. Them: 5.

While I was distracted, Jason took his moment. His fist collides with my jaw, and I see stars. Blindly, I swing out and strike something hard. When my vision returns I see Jason is on the ground. Well okay.

Robert is missing. Jason is down. One of the girls is gone. Everyone from their side is gone. That blonde girl and Blakeky are still bickering.

Zayn and Ashton are both nowhere to be seen. Liza sits on the ground next to a tree.

Us: 4. Them: 2.

The only ones left are Blakely and the blonde. She doesn't matter. "C'mon guys. Let's go."

BLAKELY'S POV

I start to turn around after Luke shouts for us to leave, but Stephanie runs her mouth. "That's right, Alexis. Run away from this problem like you do all your other ones. You never did take responsibility for everything you did to is in high school.

Perfect little Mckenzie. Always prancing around like she owned the place. You tortured me even though I was older than you! Four-eyed Steph was all I ever was to you people. All thanks to-" but I don't let her finish.

I pull my elbow back. It connects with her noise and she stumbles. I tackle her and start landing blow after blow to her face even though it hurts tremendously. She keeps screaming for me to stop, but I can't.

Finally someone pulls me off of Stephanie. I struggle against their grip, but they are too strong. "Let me go!" I shout.

"Blakely stop! Look! Look at her! You've done enough!" Luke's words sink in and I snap back to my old self.

Looking down I see that one of Stephanie's eyes are swollen shut. Her nose and mouth are bleeding. Did I do that?

I let Luke guide me to the car. The only ones of us left are Luke, Liza, Michael, and I. Stephanie still sits on the ground holding her face. Robert and Jason are both missing and that worries me.

Liza and Michael make it to the car before Luke and I. Luke opens the door for me and I get in. He shuts it and on his way over to the driver's side, he's tackled. I scream and get out if the car. Running over to the other side, I see Jason has him held captive.

A gun is held up to Luke's head. I clasp my hand over my mouth to keep from screaming. "Jason... don't ... do this," Luke says, gasping for air.

"Awwuh. Would you look at that? The two little lovers. It's sad that one has to watch the other die. Isn't this sad Lucas?"

Luke looks at me with watery eyes. "Jason. Just.. let me... talk to.. her. Please," Luke begs.

Blaine rolls his eyes. "You two are pathetic." But he lets go of Luke.

I hug him and burry my head in his chest. "We can figure out something. Come on. We can take him. I have my knife. Let's-" but Luke cuts me off.

"There's nothing we can do. I'm sorry that I got you into this." Both of us are crying by this point. "And I love you. I've never loved anyone before, but I love you. Okay?"

"Luke. No. There's something we can do. Come on. It's okay. We can...." but I trail off. There is nothing we can do.

Luke wipes a tear from my eye. "Do you love me?" I nod without hesitation. "Then let me go and love me forever. We'll be together again some day."

He leans down, and our lips brush against eachother, but Jason pulls him back. "That's enough."

He puts the gun back to Luke's head. Luke mouths the words 'I love you'. Before Jason pulls the trigger, an idea comes to mind. "Wait!" Jason looks at me like I'm an idiot.

"What now?!"

I sigh. "Kill me instead."