Chapter 11

I didn't sleep at all last night. My anxiety kept me awake. All the "what if's" kept coming to mind. What if Jason finds me? What if Jason kills Luke? What if Jason kills Niall? What if Luke never wakes up?

My head feels as though it's going to explode when the door to my room opens. In walks my nurse. She's a young blonde girl, probably only a year older than me. I think her name is Stephanie. Usually she just walks in to check on me, but this time she starts talking.

"You are able to go home today, Alexis," she says shyly. I've never really been a shy one so I outstretch my hand to her. She looks at me, surprised, but shakes my hand anyways.

"Call me Blakely. Alexis is overrated," I comment as I roll my eyes. She gives a small laugh as I decide to crawl out of the hospital bed to my clothes that Kris brought from the dorm. "So how old are you?" I ask.

Stephanie looks around warily. "We aren't really suppose to socialize with the patients." I roll my eyes again as I pull some skinny jeans out of my bag.

"Do I look like I care about the staff here? No. I mean. I was almost hit by a car and yet I'm the crazy lady who decided to go galloping down the hall to visit an injured boy. Yeah, I'm real bright," I reply sarcastically. She laughs again and shakes her head.

"You are crazy."

"Tell me something I don't know." By this time I've pulled on those high-waisted skinny jeans along with a crop top with an American flag on it. I change into them quickly. Stephanie starts to leave, but I grab her elbow. "You never answered my question"

She looks around again. "I'm twenty."

Huh. I knew it! "Um.. you should come hang out with me and my friend Kris sometime." Somehow I don't think she has many friends. I realize I'm correct when her eyes immediately light up as she nods her head eagerly. I laugh at her excited. "Okay. So I'll leave you my number." She nods one last time before leaving the hospital room.

.************.

Later that evening Matthew and I sign a few papers and I'm released to go back to my dorm. They've contacted my teachers and explained my absences, so they've sent my work to the dorm with Kris.

Matthew drives me back to my dorm in silence. Once we arrive I quickly undo my seatbelt and try to get out of the car before Matthew can get a word in. Hint: try. He grabs my elbow before I can get out. I sigh as I sit back down in the leather seat.

His expression shows that he truly is sorry, but he has to do this. "Alexis, we have to leave next month. Actually. Exactly a month from today. We've already talked to the board. You're going to be transferred back to LSU in America." He sighs as he continues. "Alexis, I'm sorry but you have to come back to Louisiana." And with that he lets go of my elbow and backs out of the college parking lot leaving me staring after him lost of words.

.************.

For the second time that week I storm into the dorm and slam the door. And again, Kris is standing there with her arms crossed.

"You're an idiot you know," she informs me as she, you'll never guess, goes and makes a mug of hot tea. I sigh dramatically as I plop down onto the couch. Kris rolls her eyes and walks over and sits in one of our chairs. "I mean, if I had a Irish boy AND an Australian boy chasing after me, I'd be grabbing the popcorn and taking a seat. Even though, that's what I've been doing the past few weeks while you walk around without a clue."

The only thing that drives me insane about my idiot roommate is her big mouth. I swear her mind has no filter. She just says the first thing that comes to mind.

I cover my face with both of my hands. "Shut up, Kris. You're not making me feel any better." She just shrugs her shoulders.

"Okay. But let me know when you come to your senses and want to actually talk about how those to boys are sexy." And with that, my psychotic roommate walks off to her room as I fall asleep on our uncomfortable couch.