Chapter 14

Michael and I had planned to meet up after school to work on our project.

I sigh in relief when I'm dismissed from my last period. Quickly, I grab my books and rush out of that horrid classroom. Once I'm halfway to my dorm someone grabs my elbow. With all that's happened I instantly hit them with my elbow even though I know I should be pretty safe here.

I cover my mouth once I see Michael behind me, clutching his stomach. I can't help but smile, and then I start laughing really hard. He looks up and glares at me. "Never speak of this again." But then he too starts laughing.

Once we fully regain our composure, I remember why I hit him in the first place. "What are you even doing?" I ask as I continue the walk to my dorm

"Just shut up and come on." I decide Michael won't hurt me, so I follow him.

"Where are we going?" I ask curiously as I struggle to keep ahold of my schools stuff. My question is answered when we reach a black car. I raise my eyebrows in suspicion.

"Get in loser. We're going shopping." I roll my eyes at his reference to the movie Mean Girls, but of course, I get in anyways.

"We can go back to my dorm if you want?" I ask as I buckle my seatbelt. Michael looks at me like I'm an idiot.

"No. We're going to mine. Well it's not technically a dorm." I'm curious and want to ask questions, but I take this as a moment to actually take in Michael's features.

As I mention earlier, his hair is red and black now, and it's kind of styled messy. I imagine how I use to ruffle my brothers hair like that before our parents got divorced, and he went to live with our dad. That was back when I was about four and he was six. I can't remember much but I remember that I loved to get on his nerves. I smile at the memory and Michael turns back around to me.

"What are you smiling for?" he asks. I shake my head.

"Nothing." I look at him again and realize his eyes are the same color as mine. Almost exactly the same, but his are a bit lighter. He has an earring too, but only one hole, unlike Niall. Like Luke, he has tattoos but only a few. There is something so familiar about him, but I can't seem to place my finger on it.

Finally, we pull up to a very nice house not too far from campus. It looks like something my mother would like. She always had a taste for extravagant things.

MICHAEL'S P.O.V.

"This is where my dad and I live," I inform Blakely. Somehow I feel as though she will like the house. It's seems like her type. "We moved here a few years ago. We use to live in Australia. Then we moved to America a few years after I was born." I don't bother telling her about how we had to move back to Australia because of my parents' divorce. It's not important.

She nods and smiles to herself again. "You remind me of someone, but I have no idea who." She laughs after this for some reason.

"Well come on then. My dad will be back in a few hours from work." I get out of my car and wander up the familiar path to my front door. I pull my key out of my pocket and hastily unlock the door. When I look back Blakely is still at the car. "Hurry up!" I say, my words dripping with sarcasm. She rolls her eyes and smiles as she walks toward the house.

I open the door and gesture her in and follow. She stops and turns to looks at me. "Do you have a bathroom?"

"No we crap in the yard."

She glares at me. "You know what I mean."

I point down the hall. "First door on the left." She nods and walks toward the bathroom. I figure she'll find me sometime, so I walk up to my room. I hate these stupid stairs. Too much effort if you ask me.