Ignoring the Folks

Alana

I swear I hate these meetings, but Malcom did not stop. The texts with the kissy face emojis, the rubbing, the kissing, the sucking, like I love you and all, but I don-

SCRATCH THAT !!

I don't know why the h*** I was sounding like some corny a** romance novel. That's a no-no, but like I was saying, I don't want anybody to think that I was screwing Malcom just to keep my job, of course they are laying people off, but if you've only won eight to fifteen cases and you've been here for longer than two years, they're laying you off. And I have won a number of twenty-seven cases in a year and a half, I got this. Alana is bosstress.

Malcom

* ding * I looked at my lap to be faced with three kissy face emojis from.... Madeline?

This girl never stops. I'm gon' end up hittin' her a** with a sexual harassment case if she keep messing 'round. Looking like a giraffe at feeding time and sh**. ( I found that in @JazmineBrwn , follow her and read her book! )

"Isn't that right Malcom?" My pops asked causing me to look up.

"Y-y-yeah pops." I replied confused, but he don't need to know that. Preparing to reply, I looked back down but pops just had to speak up again.

"So you agree with people taking advantage of our company?" Pops asked with a raised eyebrow.

"No sir. I was j-"

"Put it away Malcom."

LaLa giggled along with the rest of the room, like the h**? We grown. This is not nap time where I'm getting caught talking to the girl on the cot next to me.

As we turned our seat to face the back wall to be faced with another part projected image, I slipped LaLa a note.

She rolled her eyes that slowly turned into a smile, but as soon as it came it had fell and she had turned her seat around and punched me in the neck like I was that n*gg* from 'Identity Thief' had me choking and sh**.

I began to start choking, so I took a sip of my drink and turned and focused back on the meeting, I'm gon' get her a**.

1 hour later ..

"And as most you guys know, I am laying some people off, but its not due to finacial issues. It's due to the amount of money that I'm wasted to pay P.I's, the state, taxes. and salaries, not to mention it is over fifty-three thousand people in this building. I don't have money or time that can be wasted anymore. Any questions?" No one answered. "Well then, everyone enjoy the rest of the day, and I hope to see everyone tomorrow."

As everyone packed up their stuff I watched the way that Alana rose from the chair, and the way even the simplest things that she does made me love her more.

Speaking of LaLa..

I waited until everyone left the door before I walked over to her and wrapped my arms around her waist while I rested my head in the crook of her neck, smelling the light scent of her 'Forever Red' perfume, which relaxed me.

"What do you want? I'm still upset with you." She said turning to face me and wrapped her arms around my neck.

"Why? Even if you were, you know that you can't stay mad at me for long anyway."

"Dogs get mad. People get angry."

"Look at you sounding like MawMaw J."

"Something like that." She replied with a smile before giving me a peck on my lips, and turned back around to finishing packing up.