Part 13

The next day you and your Nightmare came to a rocky decision. He couldn't enter the Mystery Shack without permission, so you would go in his place. Armed and dangerous, you would 'duck in and duck out', taking Mabel Pines hostage. Your Nightmare would take you back to absolute safety as soon as you and ShootingStar were off the premises. Then you and your Nightmare would ransom her off for the rest of the family. You would keep her of course. Your Nightmare didn't want you to go, because if you were overpowered, there was no way to get you back. But you insisted. One more day in the FearAmid and you might just go insane.

You walk slowly through the trees, coming out into the mammoth clearing in which the Mystery Shack was situated. You press your ear to the door. They were obviously all sleeping. You crack open the door and slip inside. You creep like a murderer up the stairs. You come up in the attic. PineTree and ShootingStar sleep at opposite ends of the room, as though nothing was going on in the outside world. You take a piece of paper and write;

Dearest PineTree,

Tonight I take ShootingStar from you on His orders. If you ever want to see your beautiful sister again I want the the whole family to walk out of the Mystery Shack tomorrow at 6.00pm. that should give you plenty of time to decide how much she really matters. If you don't, I will enjoy taking out on your sister the result of YEARS of neglect and hatred that you have given me. I repeat, if you are not there, your sister's skeleton will rot in my dungeons through the eons I plan to live. 6.00. Tomorrow. Then we will see if you really give a damn about your beloved sister.

Love from,

(Y/n)

You read over the letter several times before setting it down on the dresser. You grab ShootingStar by the collar and sling her over your shoulder. You creep back down the stairs and leave the building after a mere ten minutes. You step over a sleeping watchman and exit the building. As soon as you leave the Shack you find yourself flying over the rotting remains of Gravity Falls. ShootingStar leaves your arms and is suspended beside you. The FearAmid looms over you. Your Nightmare jumps off the edge and plummets toward you.

He slows just in time to envelope you in his arms and smother you face with kisses. "I love you, I was so worried the whole time. I loved that letter, very stressful. I can't wait for PineTree's face when he wakes up and reads it!" He kisses you again. "Would you like to put ShootingStar where she belongs?" You look over your Nightmare's shoulder at ShootingStar. She looked worried, as though she wanted to wake up so she sould complete something important. You nod, completely silent. Your Nightmare pulls you back through the door of the FearAmid, and you fly at breakneck speed down the hallway of doors. You stop at the last door and ShootingStar floats through of her own accord.

You and your Nightmare come in after the unconcious ShootingStar. She drops out of the air and lands on the floor with a bang and she sat up. She rubbed her head and looked around blearily. "Dipper? Where am I, I smell something weird...wait, what...Bill? Oh, no no no, what happened!? I was in bed and then I wasn't... Ouch!" The blue chain connected to the wall under the ShootingStar plaque snaked through the air and clamped onto her wrist. You looked sideways at your Nightmare. There was that name again, Bill? What was it? Was that his name? You walk past your Nightmare and kneel down in front of ShootingStar. "Why do you call him that? Bill? How do you know him, how does Sixer know him?" ShootingStar looked at Bill, who raised an eyebrow at her. She looked back at you. "Well, that's what he says his name is. Bill, Bill Cipher." You make a choked sound.

Cipher File, that's what it was called. It's him. He is Bill Cipher. Your Nightmare.

ShootingStar went on. "He's a dream demon, he haunts dreams, like a Nightmare, he's evil! You can't trust him!" You stood up and walked backwards, bumping in to him. He wrapped his arms around you from behind, and rested his head on your shoulder. You breathed in and out slowly. ShootingStar clawed at the cuff around her wrist. You and your Nighmare left the room.

Back at the penthouse you sat in an armchair, your Nightmare curled up on the hearth before you. "Is it true? Is that really your name? Bill Cipher? Was that your file?" He sat up. He crawled along the floor toward you and rested his chin on your knee. He looked into your eyes. "Yes, it is. But will I ever be anything other than Nightmare to you? You play with a strand of his golden hair absentmindedly. "No, is suppose not. I guess it doesn't matter that much. I think I'll feel way better when the pines are all back in their proper place, here in the FearAmid though." He nodded. "I have to go have a chat with ShootingStar, I love you, I promise I'll be here when you wake up." You nod sleepily. Bill kisses you on the forehead and leaves the room.

The counch stirrs. "I wouldn't trust him luv, you should see him here alone, pacing and muttering. He's not human, y'know that right?"

"Shut it Jeff, I'm trying to sleep."

"Have it your own way. Sleep tight."