Part 14

You woke up from a dreamless and graveyard-free sleep to the sound of your Nightmare tapping the side of his head absentmindedly. You smile dreamily and reach out. He grabs your hand and presses it to his face. He kisses you on the cheek, and lets his warm, ticklish breath wash over your face. "Rise and shine, love. Today the pines are put back in their place." You sit up and strech, the sleeves of your pajamas sliding down your arms. "Alright then, what's the time?" Your Nightmare pulls out a pocketwatch and inspects it. "It's around 4.30 in the afternoon." You sit up, startled. "What? I was out for that long? That's not like me, that's not like me at all." Your Nightmare lay his head on your shoulder. "Actually, you usually sleep around this long nowadays. I think those drugs you took before you let me out really affected your sleeping pattern. Plus, you seen tired almost all the time. It's very strange (y/n), but I think it will right itself in time. Please, don't worry about this. We have even more important things."

You get up out of the armchair and wobble slightly on your bare feet. You strech your back and neck. Your Nightmare looks worried. "I probably shouldn't have let you sleep sitting upright either. That looks like it hurts." You shake your head. "It's fine, really, I just have to warm up a little." Your Nightmare snaps his fingers, and you look down to see yourself in a loose fitting long pair of patterned pants, a black short sleeved shirt and denim jacket. You shake your head again. "Okay, lets go...Bill" He tensed. "Love, I know you might be a little angry at me for not telling you my real name, and you want to let me know you haven't forgotten, but it would make me much more comfortable if you called me by the name you gave me. It reminds me of everything that we've shared." He put his arms around you and rested his head on top of yours. You nod, and kiss your Nightmare on the forehead.

He smiles. "What do you want do do while we wait for the pines to make their decision?" You think, and look around the slightly creepy, good creepy, but creepy penthouse. "I feel like a walk, I haven't been out for months besides fetching the nightingale out of it's nest." He nodded, and picked you up, bridal style and smashed his way through the window. He drops you. You plummet down toward the ground and you don't make a sound. Your Nightmare appered falling next to you with his hands behind his head. "You're no fun, love! Can't you even pretend?" You roll your eyes. "Yeah right, I'm really scared of falling to my death when my all-powerful soul mate is right above me, having just deliberately dropped me. Right." He ruffles your hair and stops you just before you hit the earth. Sleep still had you in it's clutches from your rude awakening, and you stumbled when you landed. He reached to steady you but you held up a hand. You shake your head and walk down the path.

You look back when you don't see him following you. He just looks at the ground and kicks the dust away, as though it is unworthy to touch him. He looks up at you, very concerned 10 feet up ahead. He smiles a little sadly and catches up. You link arms and lean onto him, yawning. No way I'm going back to the FearAmid any time soon, this is way better than rubbing elbows with charming Miss Pacifier.

An hour and a half of slow walking and mindless, meaningless conversaition later it was 5.59pm. You and your Nightmare sat in the tree, unconcerned about the bugs and insects crawling along your arms and legs. A small Click-Click came from your Nightmare's pocket watch. It was six in the afternoon. You and he wait with baited breath. The door of the Mystery Shack opened, and out walked PineTree, Sixer and MysteryMan. They looked around, and causiously slipped off the premises into the open air. Your Nightmare put an arm around you and smiled into your neck. He snapped his fingers, and all three fell unconcious upon the ground. He laughed maniacly, and the three pines floated up and spread their arms wide in sleep. You and your Nightmare accompanied them back to the FearAmid.

Hope you like this, i'll see ya soon!

Love from

Zoe