Epilogue

You sat on the weathered counch outside your own little house on the outskirts of Gravity Falls, the little rusty ornaments on the side table providing a comfortable trickle of nostalgia to keep you company. Then Claire came bounding out of the house in a little sea blue dress you had bought for her. She jumped onto your lap, her little arms and legs folding to curl up into a little ball. "Mummy?" She asked. You looked at her, into the equisite eyes she had inherited from you, the curly black hair she had taken from her father. In your mind, she was the most beautiful little girl any woman could hope to have. "Yes, love?" She pointed to the empty driveway. "When will Teddy get to home?" You smiled. Your daughter always called her father by his first name, for some strange reason. "He says he'll be home right about now, do you want to wait with me?" She nodded frantically, her little curls flapping. Her brow furrowed suddenly.

"Mum? Do you ever get tired of loving Teddy? Do you get bored sometimes?" You shake your head. "No, I don't. But lots of people love more than one person in their life, and they have to choose who they love more." Claire nodded, as though this made perfect sense. "Did you love anyone that wasn't Teddy, mum? What was his name?" You stroked her little head. "Yes, just one other man. His name was Bill, and I met him in a dream, but I let him out of the dream so he could be in the real world. But then he had to go away. I never saw him again, not in 20 years." Claire's eyes widened at this revelation. "Do you love him more than Teddy?" You thought for a moment. "No, but I would like to see him again, someday." You heard a noise behind you, but there was nothing there. You turned back at the sound of Teddy pulling up in the driveway. "Teddy!" Claire screamed, and bounded up to the car. Teddy got out and picked up his little girl. He swung her around once, twice, three times and set her down. He glanced up and smiled softly at you. You walk up and kiss him on the cheek. "Welcome home" you say.

That night, you put Claire to bed and disappeared into your own bedroom. Claire lay in bed, and after a while drifted off to sleep. She dreamed of a world of black and white, and a strange man that knew her name.

Sequel is on the way! Love you all, stay awesome!

Zoe