Part 3

You were stunned speechless. You hadn't expected this. You supposed it was obvious, the rift was gone, and there was no way to create one... How were you supposed to help? Bil seemed to guess your thoughts, not entirely impossible considering. "Ahhh, not impossible, I need you to persuade an old friend of yours to rebuild something." You tilt your head to the side, quizzically. He rolls his eyes. "Perhaps this marriage hasn't done such wonders for you, you seem to be noticably less intellegent than I remember you were..." You grit your teeth. "Yes, and much less pure evil as well, just quit speaking riddles and tell me what the hell you're on about, you evil three-sided, manipulating pile of crap." You literally couldn't help it, you were smiling, something to do with his childish aura. He showed you his gleaming white teeth. "Well, ignoring the obvious and impossible option of me going through a rift and then magically closing it behind me, let's say I used something a little cleaner and less destructive."

He licked his lip and leaned closer, but you put on a rejecting frown and shuffled away. Absurdly glad and at the same time mortfied to see him, you were wed to another man, and boundaries must be put down at some point down the line. He seemed genuiely disappointed. "Rather than a rift, what if I used a portal. Sixer tried to kill me, twice so far, I think he owes me a favor. I need you to ask him, on my behalf, to rebuild the rusty old thing and see me out with a bow." You start to tear up at the mention of that wonderful man. Stanford Pines, basically your father since you, well, since your mother went out of your life, was lying peacefully alongside his twin brother Stanley in the Gravity Falls cemetery, and had been for nearly 10 years. "He's dead, Nightmare."

He faltered for just a moment, and the small expression of humanity and sorrow made you want to embrace him. He must have seen it in your eyes. He looked around your living room, the monuments of hundreds and thousands of happy days you spent without him decorating the walls and shelves. You imagine what it would have been like, if he had been there with you through every single one of those days. If you had been there with your daughter, and the two most important men in your live, Teddy and Bill. If he had been at your wedding, laughing and smiling and talking and being alive and happy and young. All those days spent without him. All those days.

You sighed and hung your head. "Alright, I'll help you." He smiled, showing you every one of his sparkling, beautiful teeth. "Thank you my love!" He hugged you around the middle and kissed your cheek. You gave in for just a moment, breathing in his sweet scent, but then you gripped his arms and faced him directly. "But you stay away from Claire, got it?" He nodded his head like a small child and waved goodbye. "Discuss it with Pinetree in the meantime, you know where to find me!" You yelled after him at the doorway. "But I don't know where to find you!" You heard him laughing as he disappered into the trees.

You went slowly up the stairs, and come into Claire's bedroom. Teddy sat with her on the floor. She appeared to be telling him a story. "...Then he jumped out of the tree, but he wasn't there when I looked, he was right behind me!" She stopped when she saw you. Teddy stood up. "What did he say (y/n)?"

You sat down next to Claire and so did he. "Bill had a metal plate in his head, so he survived, but he closed the rift behind him, he had no way out. He asked me to get Dipper to fix the portal. Then he can leave." Teddy put an arm around you and Claire. "Are you all right?" He asked. Claire looked up at you, confused. "Yeah, I'm fine, I just, um...I...I"Your voice is obscured by a lump in your throat, and Teddy lets go of Claire so he can put his arms around you.

"Hey, it'll be alright (y/n), we'll be alright." You put your head in your hands, and Claire hugs you from the front. You all sat there on the carpet in Claire's room, and tried to calm ourselves and each other. It was so warm and so loving, that you managed to imagine a sort of barrier around you, so that it seemed for a while as if all there was was you three on the floor, and no-one and nothing was there to hurt you.

A face looked in through the window. He had a murderous look upon his face, and his hands gripped the sill so tightly that he did not let go even when one of his nails split against the wood. He looked away, his eyes glistening wetly in the moonlight. He shut them tight, wiping the tears away with his sleeve. He put the flat of his hand softly against the window. He took a pocket knife and scratched an eye into the frame of the window, so it seemed as if it was looking into the bedroom. He dropped to the ground and walked toward the trees, hands in pockets.